The Vice President of Field Operations is the executive responsible for the Company’s eight Divisions and approximately 90 District Offices. This senior leadership role is responsible for developing and executing strategies that enable the Company’s facilities, people, and processes to deliver excellent services to customers nationwide.
The VP of Operations reports to the Senior Vice President for Service Operations. The Company’s ~90 locations are grouped into eight Divisions with a Division Vice President for Operations over each. Each District Office has a local manager who handles day-to-day operations and oversees all aspects of the location’s team and operations.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiency across Service Center operations.
- Works closely with the sales and operations excellence teams to ensure readiness for volume growth and new services.
- Ensures that the service experience for customers is consistent across the country.
- Maintains close communications with the sales organization to ensure that customer expectations are understood and satisfied.
- Promulgates a single operating model across all divisions.
- Collaborates with the Vice President for Service Excellence to drive operational improvements and improve efficiency.
- Provides day-to-day oversight for the Division Vice Presidents of Operations related to personnel and service delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Preferred.
- 7-10+ years of management experience in augmenting, developing and retaining strong teams.
- Demonstrated track record as an operational leader. Minimum of 10 years in executive or senior level management role, overseeing Operations and process improvement functions within an organization.
- Healthcare/Medical Device industry desired.
- Thorough financial acumen background including prior profit and loss responsibilities.
- Ability to travel 75%.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exhibits the highest level of execution & operational abilities - an individual who is riveted on execution and able to cost-effectively drive required results in an efficient, lean organization.
- Sets and executes successful multi-year growth strategies.
- Displays highly effective internal and external communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for quantitative analysis and displays a rigorous, metrics-driven management style.
- Displays excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to direct large, complex initiatives across a broad network and ensure completion.
- Leads and drives change amongst leadership, peers, and direct reports.
- Solves problems proactively and has a track record of continuous improvement/Six Sigma methodology.
- Performs under time constraints in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency.
- Establishes budgets and prepares/executes strategic plans.
- Experience with acquisitions (pre and post).