In this role you will lead and champion the global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) function in continuing to strengthen and improve a strong EHS culture, provide strategic direction and programmatic guidance, develop and implementing processes and programs to meet our commitment to safe, complaint and responsible operations.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides leadership, direction, education, and overall management of the company’s Responsible Care®, Occupational Safety, Process Safety, Health and industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Sustainability, Remediation, Hazard Communication, Hazardous/Solid Waste Management, Emergency Response, Transportation Safety, and Plant Security.
- Direct reports include the Global Lead for Safety & Health, the Global Lead of Process Safety and the Global Lead for Environmental and Sustainability. Provide strategic guidance and technical regulatory guidance to the sites and senior management on EHS-related matters.
- Achieve continued reductions is Recordable Incident Rates and other EHS key performance indicators through a published scorecard.
- Track and report accident, incident, and industry trends and implement corrective and preventive programs and actions in accordance with Company goals and objectives.
- Act as a change agent committed to continuous improvement.Work collaboratively with commercial leaders and employees at all levels to deliver year on year continuous improvement in EHS.
- Provides leadership and oversight of EHS processes, programs, initiatives and risk management practices. Accountability for administration and on-target deliver of the EHS operating budget.
- Drive environmental sustainability and environmental goals in our manufacturing plants and supply chain.
- Lead monthly reviews on the status of incident investigations and corrective and preventative action status.
- Chair various internal organizational teams and committees that help develop Environmental, Health & Safety mission, policies, and respective goals and objectives.
- Serves as an agent of the company and representative/liaison to a variety of external entities including Federal, State, and Local agencies, customers, suppliers, industry related groups, and various nonprofit, educational, government, and community entities
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Experience in Environmental Sustainability – specifically with chemicals.
- Minimum 15+ years manufacturing industry experience in Health, Environmental and Safety with working knowledge of business best practice and international standards for managing EHS programs
- Previous management of multiple facilities in the US and internationally.
- Proven history of working collaboratively across businesses, functions, and regions to establish an efficient and effective safety, health and environmental culture.
- Proven history of professional and discrete handling of emergency situations, as well as difficult, sensitive and high-profile situations
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills that can used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels
- Must have experience, or knowledge, of identifying and implementing risk reduction strategies for occupational, environmental and process hazards.
- Knowledge of global EHS regulations, requirements and standards
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Master’s degree in a safety, health or environmental field, chemistry or engineering preferred
- Professional designations such as a Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), 30 hour OSHA Certified, Certification in Ergonomics, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety professional (ASP) is preferred
Requisition # 2018-7179