Building disruptive, cutting edge imagery products requires solid experience in software engineering to support rapid growth and technology adoptions in a highly reliable, efficient and secure environment. We’re on the hunt for an experienced software engineering executive who is a recognized leader in best practices and processes for software engineering and is capable of the change management required when scaling Agile development teams.
Reporting to the CTO, you will be on a team of the best of the best, delivering ground-breaking intelligent software products, with the support of a strong and growing core business. As Vice President of Enterprise Architecture & Chief Architect you’ll lead the architectural design and implementation of our most complex technical challenges on large scale enterprise applications. You will inspire and lead a team of engineering leaders and architects.
Our ideal candidate will bring a consistent track record of building high-quality enterprise products, platforms, systems, and services that are highly-extensible, reliable, secure, and performant at scale. You’ll collaborate and partner with all the Engineering and Product leadership in the company to lead the strategy, planning, adoption and execution of the architectural roadmap and enforce and drive efficient software development best practices.
You are a thought leader regarding 'what is possible' and 'how can we achieve our goals' to influence our top-level business and product goals. Ultimately, your mission is to add business value and create competitive advantage for the business through effective and efficient execution of product strategies in the context of EagleView’s culture and business objectives.
- Define and improve the technology strategy and blueprint that aligns with the business objectives. Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions that meet current and future needs for EagleView’s Enterprise Applications & Platform software systems, especially on the architecture side.
- Guide senior engineers and architects. Lead design discussions, prove out concepts through prototypes and be on the front lines of implementing the hardest parts of our production systems.
- Research industry trends and their applicability to our platform and application architecture. Innovate and differentiate EagleView from our competitors.
- Define technical requirements (scalability, availability, maintenance, security). Architect, design, code and deploy full-scale systems based on critical business outcomes and communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies, highlighting short-term trade-offs vs. long-term commitments.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to inspire a high-performing team of principal engineers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Collaborating with Engineering & Product peers to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints to derive the technology architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Drive innovation by using innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base around cloud, mobile, systematized machine learning, microservices, big data, and API-enabled platforms and products.
- Be responsible for the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, own the analysis of technology industry and market trends to resolve their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Assist with crafting the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
- Lead all aspects of, or consult on, technology and architecture implementation and modification activities, particularly for new or shared infrastructure solutions. Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture, and identify when it is vital to modify the enterprise technical architecture to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Define and document metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise technology value and vital enterprise technology architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project retrospective documentation and metric collection.
Skills & Requirements
- 10-15 years of software engineering and technology management experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership role overseeing large enterprise level architecture and decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate software engineering concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Demonstrated history of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading technical talent including the management of globally distributed teams.
- Experience with integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
- Experienced at modernizing legacy systems including the technical and change management aspects that accompany transformative change.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields