Join a large-scale SaaS company in the social media space and one of the best places to work in Austin, Texas.
We’re currently seeking a VP of Engineering to work with our SVP of Engineering and lead a significant division of our Engineering team.
How Does our Team Operate?
We write code. We operate in small startup-like teams and interface with each other through code, pull requests, and Slack instead of meetings. It’s how we scale.
We deploy as often as we can, and look for engineers to deploy to production on day one. We make customers happy by getting features and fixes out fast.
We build back-end apps in Scala and Java, and front-end apps with React. Think something is better? Our teams operate with autonomy and an ethos of Do the Right Thing.
We are vocal. Engineers, designers, and product managers are peers on teams to create our products. Each voice is critical in making our software awesome.
We don’t always get it right. We are human, but we commit ourselves to helping each other and learning from our failures.
We grow. We didn’t know all of this when we started, and our industry is changing constantly. We want new engineers that want to learn, and we want experts that want to set the bar high.
- Empathy for our customers and the people on your team
- Charismatic leadership, to be put to work in hands-on recruiting and in guiding your team
- Active listening and influential speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years related experience leading engineering organizations in technology-oriented SaaS startups or companies building enterprise software
- Experience building, managing, and scaling talented engineering teams composed of local and remote members
- Ability to fluidly execute operationally and strategically
- Ability to identify and reduce complexity
- Ability to effectively balance the needs of a dynamic product roadmap
- Ability to empower leads and managers to perform their duties by securing resources, eliminating obstacles, and providing guidance, advice, and mentorship
- Ability to meet engineering recruitment goals, and to ensure that recruitment resources are made available to leads and managers
- Ability to ensure healthy communication and processes between engineering teams, product, design, documentation, and beyond
- Curiosity, humility, and a passion for lifelong learning.