We are looking for an exceptional and proven engineering leader with experience building and scaling a team from as few as 15 engineers to 50-100 engineers. This person has built systems that solve intense operational problems. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on leading and building out an organization and continually improving team processes to deliver outstanding outcomes.
You will work closely with our Technology, Product, and Operations teams along with our CEO and other senior executives to help craft our strategic roadmap and execute it in a timely matter. You will help craft and ship a SaaS product that externalizes and monetizes our systems. In addition, you will work closely with our People Operations team to design scalable processes to recruit a growing engineering team.
About the Team
This role is in our Product & Technology department. Our Product & Technology team is split between the Bay Area and Hungary. Our engineers have diverse backgrounds in hospitality, consulting, real estate, and technology. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about building a platform that delivers value to property owners and serves guests seeking trustworthy, well-priced accommodations in great locations. We run an agile development process and consider a strong culture-add (not just fit) a requirement.
- 10+ years in the engineering field with 5+ of those in a management capacity
- Experience building out a recruiting process and team of the highest quality software engineers
- Experience mentoring and coaching a distributed technology team of engineers and managers
- Designed and improved engineering development processes with a focus on consistent, predictable delivery
- If you are not located in the Bay Area, you are able and excited to travel 1-2x per quarter to San Francisco or Hungary (post-covid)
- Travel is part of your DNA and you have a passion for the real estate, tech, and hospitality industry
- You've worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You've built out a SaaS product or operational technology product (Uber, DoorDash, etc.)
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Set a compelling product vision that helps turn the complexity of our operations into simplicity for our internal operating teams
- Work with the technology team to ship multiple high-impact products that lead to lasting capability gains, efficiency and experience improvements
- Identify, track and quantify impact of the products shipped on the company's key goals
- Become a respected leader and thought partner to your engineering team and to the Kasa leadership team
- Deeply understand the guest, property partner, neighbor and operating team challenges facing Kasa and craft elegant and creative product solutions to those challenges
- 🌏 Remote First: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely permanently, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 🏋️ Leadership coaching: Growth mindset is a core value for Kasa. One of the ways we deliver on it is by offering unlimited, complimentary external leadership coaching to Kasa team members.
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
- 💲 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 👩⚕Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most