Growing electrical products manufacturer is looking for a VP of Engineering.
The vice president of engineering manages and directs corporate engineering for the company. The priorities for this position include strategic planning, product design, quality assurance and problem resolution. The vice president of engineering must execute product design to meet company objectives, partner with management and develop systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Provides engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, raw materials and vended products throughout the organization.
- Ensures current and accurate costing (including specials) in conjunction withfinance.
- Manages engineering budget.
- Manages and builds current bill of materials (BOM).
- Manages product design from design to execution.
- Recommends methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, highly prefer a BSEE
- At least 10+ years of engineering experience, at least 5+ managing a team