Alloy is a leading provider of digital identity management and supports innovative fintech companies and banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of customer onboarding. Alloy’s single API enables its clients to access over 50 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline customer experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others and well positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals to help take us to the next level!
Why we're hiring
Alloy is looking to hire a VP of Engineering to help us expand our incredible engineering team and navigate the complex harbor of shipping great products to our customers. To belabor the metaphor, you'll be the tugboat captain - the experienced eye routing us through well-trafficked waterways, warning us before we run aground and charting our course to the next port.
This role will report to the CTO but will ideally be a partner to the CTO with orthogonal goals and methods. The VP of Engineering will be primarily responsible for day-to-day delivery, working with the product team to ensure what we commit to gets done and we're constantly expanding our ability to deliver and building a great engineering culture.
What you'll do
- Give engineers the processes, management, mentorship, and tools to ship the best products (such as a comprehensive knowledge base, uncomplicated org structure, learning opportunities, simple processes and technical standards)
- Set and track goals and KPIs for the engineering team overall, and also work with managers for their teams
- Recruiting, hiring, and building the Alloy engineering brand
- Working heavily with the product team to set expectations, allocate resources and prioritize, and follow through on our commitments
- Responsible for the happiness, retention, advancement, and performance of all engineers
What we look for
- Experience leading a team of 50+ engineers
- Experience scaling a team, especially at a venture-backed product company
- Caring about culture and aligning the team to the values
- Comfortable with continuous delivery and fast-paced product development
- Technical credibility - while you won't need to be writing code, we think it is easier to lead an engineering organization if you can contribute in architecture discussions and understand how it all works
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Humble - agrees with the philosophy of servant leadership; you lead by pointing people in the right direction and being there to help support them along the way, not by micromanaging or demanding
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and we are remote until 2021*
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Weekly lunch allowance on Seamless
- Contribution to Lifetime, NYSC, or ClassPass
- Four Free Therapy Sessions