Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical elements to all aspects of the business. This role will partner with existing teams across the company to support:
- Partner with the Head of Talent Acquisition to develop diverse and equitable sourcing strategies for internal and external roles.
- Partner with managers across departments to recommend improvements towards an equitable hiring process.
- Identify training opportunities for hiring managers and panelists that promote DEI throughout the hiring process.
- Review candidate data to continuously improve SWORD’s sourcing and hiring practices.
- Partner with the Director of People Operations to build thoughtful people programs that provide an equitable and inclusive experience for all employees.
- Work alongside Finance and People Operations to build and maintain an equitable compensation philosophy.
- Review employee lifecycle and demographic data to continuously improve on employee engagement, retention, attrition, and other key areas of the employee experience.
- Meet with key stakeholders to identify growth & learning opportunities for employees throughout all levels of the organization.
Partnerships, Advocacy, & Culture
- Build relationships with stakeholders throughout all levels of the organization to receive a broad sampling of employee experiences.
- Promote programs and processes throughout the organization that support our DEI efforts.
- Coach people managers on DEI policies and best practices.
- Connect regularly with SWORD’s Equity Council and promote new employee-created groups.
- Foster cultural initiatives that promote the company’s DEI goals.
- Regularly participate in senior meetings to advocate for perspectives, ideas, and trends that may otherwise be missing from the conversation.
What you will need:
- 10+ years experience and subject matter expertise in human resources, fundamental DEI principles, and human psychology, including deep knowledge of current DEI best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of how a scaling organization functions, including people management, employee development, and talent acquisition.
- Strong experience building and managing relationships with internal stakeholders (employees) and external partners, such as universities and industry organizations.
- Ability to conceptualize a strategy, set timelines, and execute a strategic vision.
- Capable of getting into the weeds and focusing on tactical items when necessary, especially when building new programs.
- Capable of compiling objective data and subjective human experience to create thoughtful solutions for complex, nebulous problems.
- Demonstrated professional experience owning and implementing DEI programs.