$100K — $150K *
As Granicus continues to grow as a leader in the government technology services space, the VP of Contracts is critical to the expansion efforts of the organization across federal, state and local platforms. The Vice President of Contracts will partner with the executive suite and will be a true partner to the EVP of Sales, to ensure that Granicus is well positioned to maintain and expand upon their successes.
The successful candidate will possess an outstanding record of professional experience and high character that will thrive in an environment of collegiality and high accountability. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in the Government Services Contract, Procurement and Compliance arenas. The candidate will have expertise at the Federal level across civilian and defense agencies. Furthermore, the candidate will have expert knowledge of the GSA schedule and related Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
What You'll Do:
• Work proactively and collaboratively within Granicus to define new business value propositions.
• Understands and applies the full range of Granicus’ capabilities, assets and offerings to shape high value customer solutions
• Counsel client executives on best enterprise value creation opportunities and guide execution to maximize value realization.
• Manage a team focused on contract management and negotiation with government.
• Build strong relationships with the appropriate customer contracts officers, back office personnel, operations, and regulatory leaders to ensure Granicus is well positioned to win and be seen as a provider of excellent service.
• Is an expert in the various contracting vehicles and will understand and guide the process to the appropriate contracting vehicle.
• Ensure our contracting processes are successful in the government contracting space
• Develop and share leading and innovative business practices related to transforming customer interaction
• Keep up to date on government requirements, specific to the GSA schedule and various GWACs and state contracting approaches
• Capture unrealized value by driving the alignment of Granicus’ operating model, operations, people, and technology with the strategy of the business
• Ensure appropriate alignment of procurement, pricing, business development, and business unit leaders
• Partner with accounting team to ensure that the impact on contract value is understood as it relates to revenue and revenue recognition
• Align customer and Granicus leadership team at the account/contract level
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
• You have experience in a government contracting technology products company, across state and federal agencies, with experience in local organizations a plus.
• You have contract pricing expertise in both a GSA and non-GSA environment and familiarity with reseller agreements.
• You have knowledge and understanding of the FAR, company policy compliance and risk management.
• You have expertise and strategic knowledge and understanding of procurement/contracts, specifically when dealing with governmental agencies and subcontractors.
• You have demonstrated success and experience with pricing as it relates to contract negotiations and obtaining the most optimal contract for the business.
• You have significant experience influencing and gaining commitment from senior executives is required.
• You have demonstrated success in leading in a growth environment.
• You have demonstrated strong leadership skills, and creative, enthusiastic approach to collaborative development of customer relationships and opportunities.
• You possess experience multi-tasking in a dynamic environment with ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• You have superior strategy, partnership and reengineering skills.
• You have experience managing complex projects.
• A legal background a plus.
An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA, JD or related graduate degree is desirable. CPCM certification is a plus.
This right candidate does not need an active clearance; however, he/she should be “clearable.”
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. #DP #LI-NS1
Valid through: 2/9/2021