Experience for the VP of Collectons role includes:
- Extensive experience in leading an effective Collections team, ideally for small business lending
- Strategic thinker to maximize collections, in all cases in a compliant manner
- Ability to design models to determine queuing priority for outboard calling
- Manage the total delinquency cycle ranging from past due collection calling, skip tracing, outside collection agency coordination, and litigation activity
- Experience with credit reporting to business and consumer bureaus
- Perform independent validations of existing strategies to gauge effectiveness of criteria and of champion/challenger strategies where applicable, compare expected versus actual results, confirm proper implementation and accuracy/completeness of existing documentation
- Business and results focused with ability to produce current results while investing for long term success
- Strong relationships with external collections agencies to run effective champion/challenger programs
- Effective communicator to advise management around collection trends, effectiveness and strategy
- Analyze root causes to ensure appropriate action plans can be developed to improve the entire sales through cash process, to reduce bad debt.
- Ensure the effectiveness of existing processes, and design and implement new processes, policies, and procedures to enable greater efficiency in the performance of the group’s functions
- Establish, administer, and maintain metrics to measure and track performance of the team Measure performance against standards and drive continuous improvement
- Design collection incentive plans to maximize success
- Specific experience building, validating and monitoring models, scores and other decision tools in a retail credit context is strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of experience managing a collections or loan servicing team
- Position is based in Denver, Colorado
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management aspects of commercial lending operation
- Energized by entrepreneurial environment, persistent and resilient
- Strong business mind and experience managing to metrics
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or MBA degree a plus
- Experience managing a multi-location team
- Love of data and excited by finding new ways to incorporate it into an existing process
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014