The Vice President of the Americas Center of Expertise role provides leadership and expertise and will be responsible for the overall management of the centralised function to provide customer service, credit & collections, accounts payable, financial governance/controls and accounting to support and improve business performance for the region.
In addition, you will work with Shared Business Services leadership to develop a strategy to deliver both operational efficiency and the wider SBS business case.
In this role you will implement the regional CoE/SSC service and operating model and will be accountable for working with senior business and functional leads to agree the transition of existing service centres into CoE in line with the Regional strategy. Working alongside the SBS Automation team, you will also be responsible for the RPA roadmap delivery for the Americas.
- Develop and manage to the regional CoE strategy and business plan, liaising with other CoEs and the SBS leadership team, ensuring that operational plans are in place to deliver agreed targets.
- Lead the negotiation of service transition to the Americas CoE in-line with the agreed scope and plans.
- Lead enhancements/improvements and the expansion of services offered by the Americas CoE in line with Regional customer needs.
- Represent the SBS function as part of the Americas Leadership team.
- Manage, monitor and deliver CoE /SSC budget.
- Responsible for CoE /SSC decision making and effective resourcing to ensure timely and adequate delivery.
- Deploy and assign team members to specific activity areas as required.
- Ensure that resource plans and infrastructure support the strategic goals and business objectives.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the CoE/SSC organisation, ensuring that business plans are communicated and targets achieved.
- Manage governance relationships, ensuring that the CoE/SSC fully supports overall business objectives and complies with all internal/external regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that customer and key stakeholder relationships are proactively managed to meet CoE/SSC strategy, objectives and targets.
- Responsible for financial integrity with respect to the accurate and timely recording of financial transaction activities within the business.
- Support Controller managing internal and external audits.
- Responsible for tax and financial compliance for the Americas and relationships with external treasury and tax advisors via the Financial Controller for sign-off with CFO.
- Manage and oversee transition of existing services into the Americas CoE.
- Deliver improvements and efficiencies from the Americas CoE via Automation.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Degree, MBA or advanced business degree desired. Excellent knowledge of business processes and systems.
- Experience in project management and process improvement.
- Proven experience managing mixed function teams.
- Experience of working in and with multiple geographies.
- Understanding of technology and how it can be used to improve business performance.
- Demonstrable experience in transformation projects in business operations.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in a leadership role, working in a global organisation.
- Robust knowledge of some or all of business support functions including Customer Services and Finance.
- Excellent understanding of the critical success factors for SSC as reliable, effective and efficient business service provider.