As a key member of the leadership team, the Vice President of Business Development in our Direct channel will take a long-term view of partnerships while executing on new business opportunities. This individual will own the sales pipeline, develop and execute on a sales strategy and take the lead in securing new partnerships that grow and diversify NetSpend’s lines of business. This dynamic and energetic team player will bring a rich rolodex of customers and prospects to the role. In addition to having a hunter mentality, this individual will:
- Have in-depth working knowledge of key verticals and industries including but not limited to MNO’s, eCommerce, Payment Platforms, P2P, IoT, Lending, Unbanked/Underbanked, Shopping Networks, Social Networks, Small Business and the Developer Community
- Evaluate sales opportunities, reach out to key partners and secure meetings with key decision makers
- Develop powerful value propositions and sales pitches that leverage existing products and services, deliver immediate value and have long-term growth potential that diversifies NetSpend lines of business
- Run financial scenarios and present recommendations to executive team
- Draft business terms and negotiate complex contractual agreements balancing the needs of partners and Netspend
- Have practical working knowledge of direct response marketing channels including online search, lead gen, direct mail, phone sales and mobile advertising
- Create value by establishing strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups
- Be curious, self-motivated, outgoing and engaging with a self-directed entrepreneurial spirit
- Have a proven history of being highly organized and detail oriented
- Work with minimal supervision, ability to adapt and be flexible
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team
- MBA highly desirable.
- Bachelors Degree from top university, preferably in business.
- A leader with exceptional organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving and technical capabilities
- Minimum of 10+ years demonstrated successful sales record as proven by reports and references in high tech, software, financial or information services industry.
- A combination of market assessment skills combined with solid “street smarts” from a sales point-of-view
- Credible and knowledgeable (and possibly well-known) resource within the industry
- Able to influence decisions and close using a proactive consultative approach
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal skills, dynamic public speaking and superior presentation skills are required
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative team approach
- Strategic planning experience, including the development and implementations of sales and marketing strategies
- Board or senior management presentation experience
- Enjoys travel and is able to spend up to ~40% of time on the road
- Strong computer skills, proficient in excel and PowerPoint
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.