$80K — $100K *
You will be accountable for business development in the United States (US) by origination, assessment and development of new business opportunities while ensuring due diligence, project management and governance follows standard methodology.
In 2020, GenesisCare entered the US market with acquisition of 21st Century Oncology. GenesisCare’s US business is a market leader with over 135 radiotherapy centers and 170 medical offices providing a national reach across 18 States. Treating over 35,000 radiotherapy patients each year, the business employs more than 3,000 people and generates approximately US$1.0bn of revenue.
This role is focused on leading a high quality and dynamic team, focused on growing the US business both organically and inorganically through M&A, strategic partnerships, new site development, service expansion including the ICC division and supporting the base business.
As the Head of Business Development – United States you report directly to the Chief Strategy & Corporate Development Officer. You will be a member of the US Executive Team and also have a dotted report into the CEO of GenesisCare US.
Your direct reports:
• Business Development Manager/s
• Business Development Associate/s
It is expected that the team will consist of 4 high calibre employees, including you.
Reporting lines and direct reports may change from time to time with the requirements of the role.
Your key responsibilities
Strategy and Business Development
• Actively supply to development of organizational strategy, both globally and within the US market
• Originate business development pipeline to deliver organizational strategy
• Identification, assessment, development and execution of new business opportunities
• Development of internal business cases and strategic plans for business development opportunities
• Uphold the highest standards of compliance in all relevant jurisdictions
M&A and Strategic Partnerships
• Provides direction in analyzing possible mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, other partnerships, and divestitures in line with strategic direction
• Lead negotiations, due diligence processes, and feasibility studies and helps to coordinate functional expertise throughout the process
• Conduct detailed financial and strategic assessments of acquisition including valuation analysis and generate financial and valuation models
• Ensure integration guidelines and principles are followed
New Sites and Service Expansion
• Increase access to GenesisCare services through the identification and development of organic growth opportunities
• Commissioning of new sites in accordance with GenesisCare’s Service of the Future Strategy
• Improve access to GenesisCare’s ancillary services through new service development, doctor recruitment, strategic partnerships, etc.
Support of the base business
• Actively collaborate with existing practices and Shared Services and supply to the GenesisCare network to make a difference in service provision with a focus on increasing access to all GenesisCare services
Leadership and Collaboration
• Manage performance and ensure continuous development for the business development team
• Provide support and mentorship to the Business Development team
• Set annual business plan and budget for Business Development team that complements GenesisCare’s strategic agenda
• Manage Business Development meetings covering status and priorities of projects and strategic relationships
• Link into Global Business Development function including Investment Committee
• Provide input into US and Global business planning processes
Your key working relationships
As the Head of Business Development – United States, you need to develop strong relationships with the following internal parties:
• CEO GenesisCare US
• COO GenesisCare US
• General Counsel GenesisCare US
• Global Corporate and Business Development team
• Chief Medical Officers and Clinicians
• General and Operations Managers
• Executive Leadership team
• Global Partner Services leadership
In addition, the role will need to develop strong external relationships with various individuals/agencies/key partners.
• Extensive experience in a high-impact M&A role in a global organization
• Proven understanding of financial, legal and regulatory requirements in the health care industry
• Excellent eye for business
• MBA/Master’s degree
• Self-motivated leader, high energy and compassion, influence capabilities and interpersonal savvy across all levels of the organization
• M&A experience including opportunity development, due diligence, negotiations and post-deal integration efforts
• Ability to think strategically, analytically and tactically about divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other partnerships including long term impact on business
• Excellent analytical, tactical, execution and organizational abilities
• Highly competent finance and business development skills, keen eye for opportunities, good intuition and ability to create and demonstrate value
• Builds quality relationships with all levels of management and cross-functional teams, drives a collaborative and long-term partnership environment
• Ability to read the subtle nuances of situations and plan/react accordingly
• Experience leading matrix and/or project-based teams
• Ability to highly successful communicate with Board and Senior Executive teams
• Undertake regular travel to fulfil the requirements of the role
Our purpose is to build care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. Joining the GenesisCare team means a dedication to seeing and doing things differently. Asking what if and why not? And being focused on getting the best possible outcomes for our patients!
We are a team of professionals who believe care should be focused on the individual, not the condition. That care should be available when and where people need it most and it should be crafted to help give people the best life outcomes possible! We specialize in treating and innovating in cancer and heart disease, the two biggest diseases that affect people’s lives. We’re proud that we are crafting better care for more people around the world every day.
Empathy for all
We do all we can to understand the needs, emotions and ambitions of patients and each other. Because only through understanding can we work well together inside GenesisCare and make the necessary difference to the experience and life outcomes of the patients we treat.
Partnership, inside and out
We achieve more together than apart, so we share, listen, and work as one. Crafting better care will only be possible if we work together, with each other inside GenesisCare and with people and our partners from outside, who want the same things we do and who want to be included in our purpose.
Innovation every day
We all supply insightful, innovative ideas, both big and small. Because phenomenal ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, and we know that insight and evidence is the best way to unlock them, to craft better care.
Bravery to have a go
We dare to make ideas happen, to make the impossible a reality, because at GenesisCare that’s our DNA. We will only fulfil our purpose if we try and learn and commit ourselves to making things happen; after all, nothing means more to us than getting you the best life outcomes possible.
Quality and Safety
GenesisCare strives to continuously improve the quality and safety of our workers and services provided to our patients and their careers in line with our vision and values.
• Report risks and hazards to line manager and proactively participate in risk reduction strategies
• Understand and align with the policies and procedures of the Safety & Quality Management System
• Participate in Safety and Quality activities and audits as delegated by line manager
• Be accountable for own actions and seek assistance when necessary
• Demonstrate knowledge/proficiency in performance of skills relevant to the role, including completion of required training
Legislated individual Work Health & Safety Duties for all workers
• Take reasonable care for your own and others’ health and safety
• Take reasonable care that any of your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others
• Participate in WHS training, tasks and other activities as required or instructed
GenesisCare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Valid through: 8/26/2020