Business Unit Description
AARP Services, Inc.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin
ASI is a service organization managing the licensing of the AARP brand and related assets and overseeing the provider relationships that deliver products and services to the 50+ population.
ASI’s mission is to inspire new and innovative business practices, guide consumers to make informed choices, and deliver products and services that better fulfill life-stage needs
The VP of Affiliate Marketing oversees all marketing efforts for the approved service providers of AARP-branded products, discounts, and benefits, exceeding $800M in annual in-market activity. Ensures the provider marketing efforts meet the brand guidelines, marketing experience standards, and contractual expectations of AARP. Leads proactive marketing programs, leveraging proprietary business models (consulting agreements, cooperative marketing resources, data, and digital products) to deliver growth enablers in key provider accounts.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees strategic understanding and oversight of 40+ provider marketing plans, which include broadcast, direct, online/offline, retail, and distribution agent delivery.
- Facilitates compliance review of branded marketing materials, ensuring alignment with brand and marketing strategies.
- Leads the effectiveness of provider marketing where consulting agreements or provider-funded business models exist.
- Drives integration of AARP’s enterprise priorities (personalized experience, grow membership, improve multicultural, and local relevance) into provider business and marketing strategies.
- Serves as the enterprise marketing liaison to provider model and the starting point for AARP and ASI to all marketing and communications initiatives. Filters ideas and requests, connecting dots and delegating clear direction.
- Serves as the chief marketing strategist to ASI lines of business owners and is an innovative and strategic thinker who can partner with leadership to refine business, product, and marketing plans.
- Serves as the senior growth agent for key strategic relationships and provider relationships that have been identified as critical growth accounts.
- Partners with senior account leadership and is responsible for customizing a marketing growth plan for each account and leading on-time deliverables that drive measurable performance.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or strategic consulting.
- Diverse experience in a variety of categories and business models, including direct-to-consumer and business-to-business.
- Ability to understand and influence a diverse set of product marketing strategies across a variety of channels (direct mail, DRTV, agent, digital, and PR/Outreach).
- An innovative direct marketer -- modern digital and data savvy expert adept at improving performance.
- A diplomat that is a nimble and collaborative people-person who builds strong, trusting, and respectful relationships.
- A strategic thinker with a visionary perspective who can align enterprise strategies with provider objectives.
- A decisive decision-maker and good listener who makes thoughtful decisions and communicates them well.
- Exceptional client service, relationship manager, agency, or management consulting experience highly desired.
- Consensus builder -- proven ability to work in a matrix organization and gain internal respect with superiors, peers, and subordinates. Is a team player.
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills to drive successful marketing programs.
- Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Empathetic customer-centered mindset and tenacious work ethic.
- Dedication to excellence in customer service for internal and external customers.