Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Lending Division is becoming an industry leader by providing competitive mortgage products within our Retail and Wholesale lines of business. We deliver a superior customer experience by meeting individual needs, focusing on financial education, ensuring that our loans close on time and making the entire process as easy as possible. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
Responsible for guiding the Carrington Mortgage Lending Division’s (MLD’s) daily closing and funding activities, and providing strategic leadership, management guidance, functional support and quality control expertise. Work with Senior Management and other organization leaders to build the necessary financial and loan quality rigor to effectuate controlled Closing and Funding operations nationally. Provide guidance and consistency of process to the Regional Operations Center Funding Managers across all MLD origination channels. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure National Closing and Funding operations meet all established SLA’s and Loan Quality benchmark metrics.
- Function as an important contributor to the organization’s risk management initiatives, and will work closely with the Quality Control, Post Closing, Secondary Marketing, Loan Servicing, IT and Treasury areas to ensure the integrity of the loan closing, boarding and monetary control functions.
- Create a departmental culture that aligns with the organization’s core values, striving for continuous improvement and innovation, precision of execution, and customer focus.
- Ensure team members are fully trained and current on all policies/procedures.
- Act as a liaison with SVP Operation’s direct reports, internal staff, sales staff, vendors, and customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Work with IT to develop system enhancements that improve on Closing and Funding efficiency and quality control.
- Provide appropriate exception-based review of loan circumstances and conditions.
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring process of new department management members.
- Work with Treasury to resolve funding and other monetary control discrepancies.
- Indirectly oversee Closing and Funding Managers in each Operations center to ensure all functions are being performed consistently, accurately, and timely.
- Regularly audit staff and their functions to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate performance trends and implement solutions as it relates to internal and external audit findings.
- Assist Quality Control and Post Closing management in resolving insuring and other loan defects.
- Conduct structured meetings with Funding Managers weekly.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to Funding Managers as well as their staff.
- Facilitate relationship building with VP’s/Directors of Operations within all regional Operations centers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of mortgage industry experience preferred
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced experience in specific software and the Encompass 360 Loan Origination System
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in managing at least one aspect of the Loan Origination Process