Summary: To build and scale the revenue and membership of ConnectiCare’s programs by increasing market awareness of ConnectiCare’s capabilities in the Employer and Union Practice, by penetrating large National Trade Associations, Public Sector entities, Taft Hartley groups, and multiemployers. Programs are sold to the Health and Welfare Funds, State and City Governments via fund managers, their brokers and consultants for the explicit benefit of that union’s membership.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of product portfolio and matches against the needs of the target market and the competitive landscape.
- Returns competitive knowledge to ConnectiCare leadership to improve product offering and product positioning.
- Develops deep knowledge of ConnectiCare product features to independently present these capabilities to prospects and intermediaries nationwide.
- Sells ConnectiCare programs in the Northeast geographic territory defined as Washington D.C and north through Portland, Maine). Develops Union Book of Business prospect pipeline, moves prospects through the sales pipeline to close.
- Develops relationships with Practice Leaders of key National Benefits Consulting firms specializing in Labor, to advance thought leadership of ConnectiCare and extend distribution reach.
- Engages ConnectiCare’s leadership in market development as appropriate.
- Stays current on national trends and attends national wellness conferences to keep pace with competitors and buyers.
- Finds opportunities to showcase ConnectiCare thought leadership in conferences, speaking engagements, certifications and awards that will enhance the ConnectiCare brand.
- Stays engaged in new business implementation as needed to ensure a smooth transition to Account Manager.
- Understands the capabilities of all content, technology and scientific partners and engages appropriately to ensure accurate representation and or cost implications to prospective buyers in presentations and RFPs.
- Actively utilizes and maintains broker management tool, prospect management tool and other sales management tools, as directed.
- Maintains high standards of performance for the responsibilities and tasks expected of a National Account Executive. Keeps management informed on status of all prospects.
- Provides leadership and direction for responding to RFP’s and presenting finalist and capability presentations to employers and brokers/consultants.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10-12 years of previous sales experience in selling employee benefits or HR services.
- At least 10-12 years of experience in selling to national accounts in private and public sector, with an established Union Book of Business
- Experience in selling through national employee benefits consultants and multi-employer/union benefit plans.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-employer benefit plans and collective bargaining agreements
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical, financial skills required.
- Baseline knowledge of clinical conditions and disease protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel 50% of time
- Must be able to use standard office equipment