Responsible for providing strategic leadership, corporate direction, fiscal responsibility and accountability for the assigned categories within the grocery department. This leader will collaborate with senior leadership to create annual operating budgets for sales and gross profit for utilization in the merchandising and sales plans to achieve company goals. The role will oversee vendor relationships and ensure the procurement of product to deliver goods to the stores at the lowest possible cost.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide strategic direction over the bakery and deli department to allow for continued sales growth in an ever-growing competitive environment.
- Oversee the development, coordination and communication of merchandising and operational tactics and ensure proper execution by staff.
- Work with senior leadership to create annual operating plan for sales and gross profit.
- Follow progress of department goals; review analysis of trends/opportunities with direct reports and drive improvement with regards to product selection, inventory levels and customer satisfaction and communicate recommendations to senior leadership accordingly.
- Lead the development of productive relationships between category management teams and vendor community.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, purchasing, logistics or related field and ten (10) years’ experience in grocery procurement including five (5) years with senior leadership responsibility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, operations management or related field.
- Lives the Valuesby embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-drivenshowing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientatedby passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passionthrough consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to apply management principles and techniques to direct, educate and motivate employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed information to a diverse population.
- Exceptional problem resolution and process improvement skills.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Fully versed in administrative and budgetary management functions.
- Ability to maintain the highest level confidentiality.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.