- Facilitate strategic dialogue, clear communication, and thought leadership between external public fixed income asset managers and the internal investment team.
- Develops strong relationships and collaborates routinely with external asset managers to analyze hold, sell, or hedging decisions on investments.
- Develops and executes strategies of fixed income portfolio management, including the analysis of portfolio composition, risk, portfolio objectives, and competition.
- Presents and communicates investment and risk strategies to senior management and business leaders in a clear, concise, and aesthetically intuitive manner.
- Operate as a player-coach to provide leadership, mentorship, and development opportunities to a team of AVPs and analysts that will enable their future career advancement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and partners with key business stakeholders on new investment ideas, concepts and opportunities including ensuring that all parties understand the significant capabilities, risk and/or system limitation(s).
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging developments in the bond market.
- Provides proactive thought leadership and strategic forethought as to the direction of the public fixed income portfolio.
- Serves as subject matter expert to appropriate key stakeholders supporting lines of business and internal risk teams to ensure optimization of investment portfolios.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner at a situationally appropriate level.
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to effectively storyboard complicated concepts and produce in aesthetically appealing and visually intuitive PowerPoint presentations for senior management
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and colleagues) and external asset managers; proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style that is critical to success within a cross functional and matrixed organizational structure.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge with the following asset classes: domestic and global fixed income, money market and financial derivatives
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Specifically, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Familiarity and/or competence with Tableau
- Sound knowledge and understanding of investments and enterprise risk.
- Sound understanding of principles of portfolio theory, management, asset allocation, econometrics, and general economics
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years increasing responsibility in portfolio/asset management including portfolio construction
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role where influencing senior management/critical internal and external stakeholder experience was required
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading a team of seasoned investment professionals
- Insurance asset management experience
- Strong knowledge of the public fixed market and liquid structured investments
- CFA designation and/or graduate degree in relevant field of study
- Experience in a sell-side role and/or buy-side client portfolio management role is a plus