Gartner research and insight helps business leaders make more effective decisions every day. Through programs that clearly demonstrate the Gartner value proposition, the Vice President, Marketing uses a combination of data driven analysis and problem solving, combined with deep partnerships with sales leadership to drive growth at scale within the Marketing portfolio for the business.
The VP, Marketing, is a highly collaborative, business-savvy professional who has solid experience in building marketing programs with sales and measuring business impact. You will be responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined strategy in a manner that drives revenue growth for the region, while supporting the global marketing goals. The successful candidate will lead the strategy, campaign development and execution of lead nurturing programs, with a focus on innovative marketing initiatives that are relevant, timely and actionable.
- Maintains relationships with executive leadership throughout the organization and addresses high level issues with other decision makers on marketing strategies.
- Partners across the business with Research, Product, Sales and Events to drive the impact on the business.
- Is a key member of the Corporate Marketing organization, ensuring tightly integrated use of all marketing media to quickly move a prospect through the customer decision journey, with specific responsibility for regional strategy and execution of marketing programs. Ensures optimal field utilization to drive sales productivity and eliminate barriers to selling.
- Establishes clear channels of communication (new / existing) for Marketing programs, measures impact of each. Ensure a robust lead generation program, working closely with Experiential Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to improve current demand generation process: creating a more consistent, productive approach; developing the right dashboards; making the case for investment.
- Lead and develop a marketing team based across the region. Build an agile, highly productive and engaged team, nurturing and developing talent through strong and actively engaged leadership.
- Partners with sales organizations to ensure positive impact of Corporate Marketing programs
- Represents needs of regions and segment, optimizes programs accordingly, feeds requirements back into the rest of corporate marketing
- Works closely with Sales, Events and Research.
- Provides our global sales organization with tools and resources to be able to quickly move prospects to loyal Gartner clients. Delivers effective communications with business partners.
- Responsible for increasing impact of programs, as measured by sales conversion, contract value and velocity through the funnel. Responsible for measurement and success of programs; tracking, analysis and interpretation of trends. Leverages and shares best practices, problem solves to continuously improve programs.
- Responsible for the success of all corporate marketing programs in our sales channels.
- Establish Marketing Plans tied to business goals and be held accountable for meeting these goals.
- 10+ years marketing experience preferably in a B2B environment in a consulting, services and/or business technology industry
- Track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Experience managing direct reports, and managing through cross functional teams
- Experience executing multiple highly complex and/or strategic marketing campaigns and activities.
- Track record of strategic and creative thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative leadership in developing marketing strategies and communications programs that engage a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative; proven track record of working effectively as part of an experienced management team and selling ideas to partners, and colleagues.
- Proven leadership skill, including the ability to identify talent, build teams, mentor and develop team members, and inspire performance that exceeds expectations and retains resources.
- Strategic, executive presence; yet comfortable to “roll up sleeves”.
- Person of conviction/integrity; ability to influence others.
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and design appropriate solutions
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools and prior experience in managing a marketing team that creates and executes successful campaigns utilizing these tools (e.g. Eloqua).
Job ID 00019357