The VP Marketing, US Region will enable sustainable, profitable growth in the US region ($10.9B in revenue) and establish strategies that identify and capitalize on future sources of growth. This leader will work to develop and drive Regional customer centricity by developing a Marketing Center of Excellence focused on delivering solutions, rooted in deep customer and market insights, that are tangible, measurable, and sustainable for our customers. This position will report to the President, North America and CMO is a key member of the U.S. Region leadership team and the Marketing Leadership team respectively.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUCCESS CRITERIA:
In collaboration with the BD business unit and functional leaders, this individual will co-develop, challenge, and influence the business and marketing strategies across the US region. This leader will play a critical role in identifying and capitalizing on market trends and growth opportunities as well as market shaping initiatives. The role is responsible for elevating the strategy development, marketing competencies and disciplines of the region and embedding them into how BD does business. In addition, this leader will be responsible for effectively recruiting, managing, developing and retaining marketing talent for the department on a regional basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
Formulate a fact-based understanding of the US healthcare market, key innovators, competitors and customers to drive growth and market leadership
- Identify understanding and generate implications current and future market trends, competition, customer segments, and BD differentiation as the foundational understanding of the industry to inform business strategy including the acquisition, retention, and development of the most valuable customers to further accelerate profitable growth.
Build a customer first, Omni-channel buying journey to deliver value and accelerate growth
- Drive scalability, seamless experiences, and actionable insights
- Create customer centric integrated solutions driven by cross functional collaboration and alignment
- Develop and deploy marketing measurement attribution model to support effective deployment of marketing campaigns
Implement and support pricing life cycle to unlock value through price execution and monitoring across key accounts and business units
- Deploy a value-based BDX pricing strategy for our strategic accounts
- Develop best in class pricing policies; identify pricing and margin improvement opportunities
- Proactively monitor price variations, contract compliance, and return on investment
- Enabling strong pricing models for use in establishing sustainable pricing positions
Define, build and activate cross BU/BDX Go-to-Market Strategies and Market Shaping Initiatives
- Help formulate and drive necessary market development / shaping strategies
- Determine the Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies as informed by market, customer, category insights, and the value proposition(s) to leverage the breadth of BD and leadership in US
- Track industry and market trends, understand healthcare priorities, and integrate voice of customer (VOC) activities in support of building strategic plans.
- Act as the bridging mechanism between the US Region and BU commercial strategies to ensure the activation and deliver desired growth and related financial metrics.
Define, develop and activate customer value proposition(s) and solution offerings
- Conduct, direct, and leverage qualitative and quantitative research to define and develop new and existing value propositions/offerings.
- Develop value propositions/offerings that provide innovative and differentiated solutions; leveraging alternate portfolios/products to solve for unmet customer needs where appropriate.
- Utilize best-in-class analytic methodologies and rigor to ensure value propositions are fact-based, supported by empirical data, and are integrated BDX solutions that include technology, services, analytics, and optimization of BD solutions as a means to aligning the organization on how to best drive sales and marketing efforts
- Calculate and track impact, CX and return on investment for customer solutions
Build Marketing Organizational Competencies and Capability
- Play a lead role in elevating capabilities in strategy development and marketing excellence within the US Region.
- Refine and further embed the strategy development and marketing competency model across the function including capability benchmarking and professional development plans
- Recruit, coach, train, and advance key talent
- Create an engaged culture that thrives on fact-based and customer-insights led strategy development and execution
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.B.A. with focus on Marketing, Healthcare Management or Finance
- Minimum of 15 years of marketing experience five (5) of which in a related health care industry. 7 years of marketing leadership experience
- Position requires a background and understanding of the healthcare industry: IDN and hospital systems, clinician needs and drivers, market dynamics, regulations, existing products and technologies, new development, small companies and competitors
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep, rigorous, analysis that drives business function improvement, growth opportunity identification, and/or strategy development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop value based offering/solutions to address unmet customer needs and deliver differentiated customer experience
- Keen understanding of customer insights development process
- Extensive experience in developing behavioral and attitudinal segmentation
- Proven track record in developing creative briefs, concept testing and marketing campaign development
- Demonstrated track record of driving for results, executing work processes while demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving goals.
- History of developing strong teams, developing and promoting diverse talent.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with a keen focus on continuous improvement; a change agent.
- Experience in successfully leading organizational level transformation initiatives
- Strong history of success in influencing and building cohesive relationships among corporate, segment, cross-function, and regional leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional or cross-country initiatives in global business environment.
- Exceptional leadership effectiveness and communications skills
- Courageous leadership in leading without authority to achieve organizational success