Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
This position will be responsible for leading teams, organizes and directs the marketing, brand, digital, communications and public relations activities for Summa Health. Builds and sustains positive and productive relationships between Summa Health and the community and drives improvement in brand image/reputation with consumers. Supports the development and implementation of growth initiatives with targeted marketing and communications plans.
Formal Education Required:
-Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience & Training Required:
-Seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in marketing and communications leadership; health system experience preferred.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
-Excellent leadership, management, communication, analytical, organizational and team-building skills.
-Strong background in supporting growth initiatives through marketing and communications strategies.
-Expert skills/knowledge in brand management and digital/web/social media technologies and applications.
-Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing and advertising.
-Ability to work collaboratively on market research and competitive analysis to drive customer segmentation and market penetration plans.
-History of successful change management through strong internal and external communications and public relations strategy development and execution.
-Extensive knowledge of, and experience working with, a broad range of media, both print and digital.
-Ability to effectively interact with patients/customers with the understanding of needs across different consumer segments.
Managing & Leading People
- Focuses on engagement of team members with the mission, vision and strategic direction of Summa Health.
- Manages performance and ensures 100% of all required performance appraisals are completed and that all staff members complete Mandatory Organizational Education (MOE) training annually.
- Ensures all staff adhere to established commitments and other service excellence standards.
- Monitors and manages staffing, turnover and vacancy in assigned departments.
- Ensures continued development and education of self and staff.