HCG has a 30+ year history of delivering Medical Education to the pharmaceutical industry, in what today takes many different forms for a variety of pharmaceutical client stakeholders and audiences. Our services range from the strategic to the tactical, from commercial to medical. Our activities run the gamut from the traditional symposia, advisory boards and publications services to the latest in innovative HCP engagement.
More than half of our business is with Medical Affairs clients. Increasingly, our clients are seeking from us capabilities in HEOR and real-world evidence (RWE) or asking that we partner with their HEOR vendor to publish manuscripts from their research. HCG has historically partnered with outside HEOR vendors when these opportunities arise.
HCG is pursuing the expansion of its clinical communication capabilities to encompass a more comprehensive value evidence strategy including economic and real word data. HCG is seeking a VP to develop and lead and an RWE group within its HEOR & RWE practice.
THE ROLE: VP of Market Access & Value Communications
- The VP will set strategic direction and ensure implementation of pricing, tendering, contracting strategies and value evidence plans
- Partner effectively with global support functions and countries to execute on core deliverables (Global value story, Global pricing policy informed by pricing research, contracting strategy including value-based and outcomes-based frameworks, launch sequencing, negotiation guide and objection handler)
- Act as a functional leader for market access activities that include, but are not limited to, assessing market access needs/trends and developing and executing required market access strategies to optimize market access, adoption, and commercial success
- Ensure robust pricing practices, tendering, contracting protocols and operations to ensure an efficient and compliant organization
- Continually assess contract performance and demonstrates a strong understanding of pricing implications and downstream impact of the evolving public policy, government, regulatory landscape, and other relevant trends
- Contribute to annual brand planning, forecasting and budgeting process
- Build and develop a high performing and diverse team by attracting, selecting, developing, and retaining talented individuals who share the goals and vision of the organization
- Advance degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field
- 12-15+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical or Healthcare consulting space
- Extensive experience within sales, marketing, or managed markets roles in account management, formulary access, reimbursement, distribution, program development, contract negotiations and policy development;
- Customer-facing experience at country and global level, experience across a range of therapeutic areas is a plus
- The VP must excel in a business development setting – nurturing client relationships, able to identify, cultivate and convert new business leads. While the existing relationships of HCG can be leveraged, it is expected that the VP will generate business independent of those relationships and on an ongoing basis.
- The VP must excel in building, motivating and leading teams. HCG is built upon a rewarding culture of employee engagement through opportunity, challenge, purpose and passion. The VP must be as much motivated by the success of his/her team as any other key metric.
- The VP must excel in collaboration. HCG is built upon six business units, all of whom are thirsting for exposure to and integration with a value strategy and evidence generation capability. This expansion is as much a about evolving our existing capabilities as it is adding new ones. Our plan is to create an environment where the natural convergence of clinical and economic, real world outcomes can take place in the activities of our employees and clients. The VP is expected to be one of the drivers behind this convergence.
- The VP would foster development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes across agencies to align and advance strategic interests
- Proactively and independently own P&L, revenues, OEs, profitability, and growth of accounts
- Oversee execution of all account engagements from inception through completion and ensure first time quality delivery
- In partnership with HR, own full career path guidance, recruiting, staffing, capacity planning, and retention strategies, including career development for the Market Access vertical
- Be an HCG ambassador engaged in broader thinking, who recommends and leads internal meetings/training/task forces to better entire agency and drive client business
- This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated individual to build a Market Access group from the ground up, in a reduced risk way, with the full support of the HEOR/RWE practice, HCG and Omnicom and an existing business infrastructure to leverage
- Compensation, Experience, Qualifications – to be discussed