Our growing company is seeking your strategic leadership and expertise in the areas of Enterprise Global Vendor Management and IP contracts.
This role is responsible for leading the legal strategic support for the overall global direction, oversight, negotiation and execution of legal documents and contracts for the provision of services for all Enterprise Vendor Management negotiations and contracts. This role will also have a strong focus on the oversight and safe guarding of Enterprise Global IP, including the development and implementation of an enterprise wide IP process and strategy. The role will offer guidance, advice and legal support and counsel, as well as litigation avoidance for Global IP as well as all types of Global Vendor Management including but not limited to Outsourcing, Procurement, Technology and Secured Transactions.
- Employ understanding and interpretation of the business strategy for Assurant and Procurement & Vendor Management to offer advice and counsel on objectives, projects, potential legal risks and mitigation of same. Advise business leadership on the ramifications of those risks and actions and suggest different courses of action to mitigate risk and meet business targets consistent with Assurant compliance philosophies.
- Design & direct strategic approach for vendor management contracts & transactions; including the assistance in creating a centralized process.
- Develop and implement a strategy, oversee and provide a process for the safeguarding of Assurant Intellectual Property & trademarks.
- Advise & counsel Company personnel and senior leaders on highly complex legal issues, trends and risks impacting Vendor Management & IP contracts, processes & procedures. Recommend appropriate course of action in complex areas domestically & internationally
- Draft and negotiate contracts and legal documents, analyze, revise, edit, prepare and approve to reflect changing business or legal needs and requirements.
- Research, analyze and determine effects of state and provincial and federal statutes, regulations and court opinions on business practices and procedures.
- Assess riskassociated with particular contract provisions, processes or direction and offer mitigation plan for same.
- Participate in M&A & divestiture activity as appropriate.
- Provide training & guidance to both direct & indirect team identifying overall direction and process improvement for efficient and effective delivery of service.
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Member of US Bar in good standing
- 10 years in the practice of law
- Effective communication skills, verbal and writing
- Ability to evaluate complex legal and regulatory issues and recommend appropriate and defensible courses of action
- Prior experience drafting contracts and other complex legal documents
- Ability to offer defensible arguments in a variety of situations, including adversarial positions
- Ability to write persuasive legal arguments
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to negotiate with senior leaders
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to completion of difficult tasks and assignments
- Ability to evaluate facts, identify legal issues and risks, locate applicable legal authority, analyze and understand changing statues and legislation and case law
- Recommend and defend appropriate courses of action in best interest of business and Assurant
- Demonstrate commitment and adherence to Assurant’s Code of ethics and the Canons of Professional Responsibility