South Carolina Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a VP Lending to join our outstanding team in Charleston, SC.
Duties included but are not limited to:
- Positively lead the Quality Improvement Process through direct reports to ensure that all actions are driven by positive member care initiatives.
- Responsible for generating new loan and fee income consistent with the department’s goals that contribute to the desired mix in loan type, profitability, risk, quality and growth.
- Establish an active calling effort, including joint calls with loan officers, branch staff, and other credit union sales personnel. Active participation in community and corporate functions.
- Review for approval staff recommended loans, providing guidance to staff regarding risk, structure, pricing and financing options.
- Establish agenda for monthly Member Business Loan Committee meeting and attend the ALCO committee of the Board.
- Recommend and submit over-limit loan request to the Member Business Loan Committee for approval.
- Ensure on-going soundness of Consumer and Business loanportfolios through accurate evaluation and identification of loanrisk.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and support of department staff to ensure their success, to include setting schedules, approving leave and reviewing performance regularly.
- Create and aggressively review Consumer and Business loan policies, procedures, department operations, industry innovations, trends, competitor services, and regulations to institute or recommend changes desired.
- Develop annual budget recommendations for both departments and credit union’s success.
- Operate as Special Assets Officer to recommend and oversee management of ISF and OREO property.
Minimum requirements include:
- Five years' experience as a Business/Commercial lending officer in the financial services industry.
- Five years' experience in management of Consumer Loan Underwriting and Sales Finance areas of the financial services industry required.
- Experienced in and knowledgeable of sales and marketing business development skills, consumer and business loan regulations, business loanfinancial statement, and loan underwriting analysis, documentation, and associated policy creation.
- Must have establish community presence and status.
- Must demonstrate excellent strategic thinking, results-oriented, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related.
Equal Opportunity Employer