New York, NY 10001
Industry: Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 58 days ago
The position will be responsible for the structuring, execution and ongoing monitoring of Corporate Finance transactions in Latin America. You will work together with in-country relationship managers to meet revenue targets, drive broader cross-selling opportunities for the Bank, and execute against the strategic direction set forth by the Group Head. This position will also provide guidance and training to junior members to ensure the quality and efficiency of the credit process. This role reports directly to the Team Leader of our Latin America Corporate Finance business, and will be helping to manage an Associate and an Analyst.
- Perform day-to-day responsibilities associated with the structure and execution of Corporate Finance transactions and assist in the management of the ongoing monitoring of the portfolio.
- Provide early-stage work with Relationship Managers on parameters for transaction pitches and negotiation of transaction engagement and term sheet.
- Manage the credit process for new transactions and prepare credit applications, capital allocation memos, customer on-boarding, in conjunction with CMG, the Credit Department, the Risk Management department, and Compliance team.
- Present transactions to internal audiences, prepare credit applications for new transactions, manage the process with credit and back office, perform due diligence activities, negotiate documentation, etc.
- Handle credit situations such as, renegotiating terms with clients and other lenders, and provide comprehensive feedback to management and Credit with support from senior management.
- Present to senior management and credit committees in order to explain credits and garner support and approvals for new business.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and external matters in accordance with banking regulations, bank policy and best practices.
- Attend relevant bank meetings, industry events, conferences and seminars to stay abreast of industry trends and developments and to continue to build a network of industry contacts.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Business fluency in the following languages: English and Spanish required. Portuguese is a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of specialized experience in Financial Services for VP level; 10+ years for Director level.
- Minimum of 6 years of credit analysis and reviewing legal documentation associated with Latin American corporate finance transactions.
- Knowledge of the region (local markets as well as political and economic dynamics in Latin America).
- Knowledge of all elements of credit and risk principles as well as capital structuring skills. Formal credit training preferred.
- Experience with structuring and executing corporate finance deals. Some experience in reviewing and negotiating loan documents.
- Demonstrates ability to develop strong relationships with clients and has relevant product knowledge (bank loans and the regional loan market, bonds, FX, derivatives, hedging, etc.). Adept and comfortable speaking and presenting to clients.
- Viewed as being collegial, collaborative and a value-added partner with an ability to effectively partner with other internal teams and product areas to offer solutions that will enhance and elevate SMBC's visibility with new and existing clients.
- Able to independently handle transactions and work with senior members of the team.
- Ability to provide guidance and training to junior staff on the team.
- MS Office Suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Bloomberg
Valid Through: 2019-9-13