The Vice President, Labor Relations is a full-time leadership position reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer. Working closely with the Vice President and Senior Legal Counsel of Labor and Employment Law, the Vice President, Labor Relations is responsible for creating and executing an enterprise-wide labor relations strategy that is consistent with our company’s purpose, business objectives and values.
The Vice President, Labor Relations is on point to develop and lead the implementation of a comprehensive labor relations strategy and plan that will address the company’s ongoing business needs to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with union stakeholders in each of the two major business lines (Retail and Pharmacy Benefit Management) while ensuring a balanced enterprise approach. This person will lead a team of labor relations professionals and will provide strategic advice to company leaders in the areas of preemptive labor relations, collective bargaining, contract administration, and adherence to state and federal laws governing the employer-employee relationship with special emphasis on the National Labor Relations Act. This position will be based at CVS Health’s Corporate Office in Woonsocket, RI, and the Vice President will be expected to maintain an office at that location and to work out of this office as much as possible when not traveling for work.
- 10 + years of proven Labor Relations experience at a larger Fortune 200 Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Retail company
- 10 + years of analyzing complex issues and providing clear and strategic direction to both labor relations professionals on his/her team and to human resources and business partners throughout a diverse organization.
- Ability to travel 25% or more of the time.
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively about root causes to issues and the ability to develop practical solutions
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing ability to work with different levels and leadership styles both within and outside of the company
- Juris Doctorate Degree Required
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Job ID: 682103BR