VP Information Security
New York city
Senior-level position responsible for planning, designing, testing, implementing and maintaining an organization's computer and network security infrastructure, with the primary goal of protecting the bank from cyber threats and attacks. This role will manage and lead a dedicated team of security engineers, champion and coordinate major security initiatives, identify and remediate cyber risks through risk assessments and penetration and vulnerability testing, and maintain all related policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assess the organizations’ information technology and computer systems to identify strengths and weaknesses in the security environment by performing penetration tests, and vulnerability assessments on local area and wide area networks, and virtual private networks, and participate in risk assessments as process owner for cybersecurity related processes. Assess routers, firewalls, and comparable systems to determine efficacy
• Recommend, plan and implement architectural changes to boost security structures by blending knowledge of security hardware and software, organizational needs, and cybersecurity risks with organizational policies and industry standards.
• Build and maintain security systems and networks, prepare budgetary proposals for system upgrades and projects, and allocate personnel resources as needed.
• Manage and lead a team of network security engineers and coordinate effective security protocols.
• Respond to security breaches and incidents by assessing causes, damages, and data recovery, and preparing thorough reports for management and executives. Implement appropriate changes, updates, and upgrades in response to vulnerabilities and incursions.
• Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
• Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security.
• Palo Alto & Cisco ASA Firewalls
• Cisco ACS
• Advanced level knowledge in networking and protocols - BGP, OSFP, IP, WANs, LANs, NAT.
Education and years of experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ITIL Foundation.
Valid through: 6/16/2021