VP, IT HelpDesk and Operations Support is responsible for 2 main functions: 1) HelpDesk 2) IT Backend Operations
As a senior member of the HelpDesk Team, the VP of ITG HelpDesk and Backend Operations ensures:
- End-user service requests submitted through the ticketing system are acted upon and resolved in a timely manner and accompanied by proper communications and advisories as needed
- Liaison between ITG and business owners to ensure consistent and sustainable end user support
- Ensure policies and procedures are continuously maintained and enforced to ensure risk controls are effective and followed by staff
- Generate management reports including Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) as well as Key Performance Indicators (KRIs) on a monthly basis
- Review existing processes and procedures and provide recommendations and oversight of improvements
- Projects and initiatives related to the desktop environment are supported and kept on track. Position will also be required to manage and run operational functions for assigned systems.
- Participate and guide the team for quarter end and year end reporting processes
- Manage main office and BCP site desktop and end-user computing environments
- As first line manager for direct reports, manage staff timecards, time off requests, performance appraisals etc.; ensure proper Team coverage during operating hours.
- Manage operational staff handling the opening and closing operations of accounting, payment and other systems as may be assigned. Create and maintain detailed runbooks and check sheets for operating these functions.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date inventories of all desktops, thin clients, laptops and other portable devices, printers and other peripheral equipment, voice equipment, and recorded phone lines, as well as proper decommission and disposal of above
- Support and manage market data systems e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, EBS etc., voice and voice recording systems and related telecommunications equipment
- Develop and maintain procedures, manuals, and runbooks for desktop, voice and market data infrastructure environment
- Propose and execute plans for equipment and software approaching end-of-life
BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience with minimum 6-8 years of IT experience. 3-4 years of experience managing staff. Experience in Financial sector is highly desirable.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure, Windows 10, MS Office Suite, ServiceNow is plus, CISCO VPN and thin client management