The Vice President (VP) of Information Technology and Infrastructure will report to the Chief Technology Officer and be a critical member of the Edelman Financial Engines organization. We are looking for an experienced leader who will lead a 40+ person organization responsible for supporting our employees across seven (7) major sites (Boston, Kansas City, Phoenix, Santa Clara, Fairfax, Richmond and India) and 140+ retail locations across the United States.
The ideal leader is focused on employee experience and has demonstrated experience developing, deploying and supporting technology solutions at scale. A key focus in this role will be to make work easier for of all EFE employees and is responsible for overseeing infrastructure and applications that EFE employees use every day.
Internal Business Partnerships
- Directs and manages the network, systems, and IT operations team that provide core services to all employees.
- Partner with senior management to establish a robust information technology roadmap and a vision for technology infrastructure.
- Mentor and lead a team that is exceptionally customer-oriented, delivers business value and is well respected within Edelman Financial Engines.
- Champion the development of talent, ensuring that effective teams are in place and capabilities are aligned with our needs.
- Management of geographically distributed teams.
- Must have the technical aptitude to operate at the deepest levels across many areas of IT.
- Ensures corporate infrastructure and services are secure, scalable, flexible and compliant.
- Continue to standardize the portfolio of service offerings across the enterprise.
- Prepares, monitors, and controls the annual department budget to ensure expenditure is in line with the business plan.
- Demonstrated experience leading the introduction of new technologies and standards into an evolving environment.
- Perform acquisition integration and due diligence as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships with all IT and Infrastructure suppliers.
- Establish SLAs with technology partners and vendors.
- Set strategy and serve as an internal change agent to drive business process enhancements and innovation.
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigates organizational structure to resolve them.
- Works closely with the information security team to ensure compliance with all security requirements, standards and best practices.
- Works closely with internal and external audit teams to ensure compliance.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field is preferred. Master's degree in either of these fields or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred
- 12 years of progressive IT leadership experience.
- Extensive networking experience
- Extensive experience with cloud-based infrastructure like AWS.
- Strong technical skills to dive deep and possess the ability to simplify technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Forward thinker, focused on innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency
- Experience and success working with developers
- Strong relationship management and partnership skills within the Product & Technology organization and with key stakeholders across the company
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to listen, communicate and cast vision with all levels of the organization from employee to C-suite executives
- Proven success serving as a strong change agent and leader, with a track record of designing phenomenal employee experiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with cross-functional and remote teams at all levels of the organization
- High detail orientation with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Maintain confidentiality