The VP, Investor Relations will be the primary liaison between PVH and the investment community (PVH’s equity research analyst coverage and investor base). They will communicate and enhance the investment community’s understanding of PVH and its business model, growth opportunities and financial performance.
This role will report into the Treasurer, Senior Vice President, Business Development and Investor Relations and will significantly interact with senior leadership, including CEO, COO/CFO, General Counsel, Brand management, Finance, PVH Communication team and our Legal team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Communicate with the investment community about PVH’s business model, current strategies and growth opportunities
- Develop a strong understanding of investor perception of PVH, including “bull” and “bear” case investment considerations, including developing a narrative in how to address these areas
- Analyze PVH’s investor base to determine which investors and markets to target for upcoming meetings
- Coordinate and manage any investor meetings and events
- Write conference call notes for CEO and any other Executive as needed for quarterly earnings calls
- Assist in writing all quarterly earnings press releases and ad hoc press releases
- Analyze sell-side earnings models vs. company guidance
- Draft PVH’s annual report, including Letter to Stockholders
- Manage content for the Company’s investor relations website
- Help draft relevant portions of Company Proxy materials
- Coordinate and collaborate with PVH Communications to create and secure company and brand-related content for use internally and externally
- Develop powerpoint presentations for management to present at conferences, board meetings and internal meetings
- Analyze and summarize earnings and news releases from PVH’s peers
- Track thematic trends across the retail and apparel sector
- Manage and develop junior talent to leverage the IR team and function internally and externally
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 15 years + investor relations, equity research or investment banking
- Corporate experience, particularly in the retail/apparel sector, is preferred, including significant exposure to senior management
- Project management, leadership and solid ability to problem-solve creatively
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance; and/or MBA degree with concentration in finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives
- Highly organized and thoughtful with exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to cultivate key relationships in order to successfully understand and articulate the company’s messaging
- Strong ability to read and understand financial statements
- Strong research and analytical skills, and working knowledge of standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High attention to detail to create executive level materials
- Must be able to work independently and to be self-sufficient, + be able to act as a leader and collaborator
- Must be flexible and rapidly adapt to changes in environment and priorities
- Prior experience in the retail/apparel industry is desirable.