CIT is undergoing a transformation to a leading national middle market bank and the candidate requires a good understanding of the banking industry including bank financial statements, key performance drivers and ratings drivers.
- The candidate must be able to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment, display a strong work ethic and maturity.
- Candidate must also be self-motivated, be able to work well with a team as well as independently.
- Serve as a primary liaison to the organizations fixed income investor community and rating agencies.
- Effectively articulate the company’s strategy and financial results to fixed income investors, rating agencies and sell-side analysts.
- Work with Treasury, Risk and other members of IR and the business to develop key messages and materials for rating agency discussions to ensure CIT’s ratings and outlooks adequately reflect the strength of the franchise.
- Proactively read, understand and keep abreast of all regulatory developments and rating agency methodologies changes that impact CIT
- Leadership role in the analysis and creation of IR materials including quarter earnings materials, senior management prep materials, presentations and other projects.
- Prepare quarterly peer analysis as it relates to capital adequacy, liquidity and funding
- Develop ad-hoc analyses and presentations to be used for discussions with executive management and Board of Directors.
- Build strong relations with other members of finance, corporate functions and businesses
- Bachelor's degreerequired, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Master’s degree in business and/or CFA or CPA designation is desirable
- 7+ years of experience in the financial industry in an investor relations, rating agency or research role
- Strong financial acumen with an understanding of accounting
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with Executive Management as well as team members
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to develop, synthesize and present perspectives on key strategic/financial issues
- Experience with financial modeling
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Must be flexible with hours during earnings season and other busy periods
- Some travel may be required