This position is for an experienced internal audit leader with deep experience establishing and directing task and assurance functions.
- Establish a reliable and sustainable continuous audit approach including risk based testing criteria and regular and reliable reporting.
- Manage the maintenance of audit methodology and documenting changes in the Audit Policies and Procedures
- Supervise and coach the audit team including; ensuring assignments are adequately planned, providing technical guidance to the audit staff, ensuring work is performed in accordance with company and internal audit standards and providing staff assessments with input from the Senior Vice President
- Monitor, create, and run various reports that support various Internal Audit metrics and oversight of audit projects
- Manage the collection and packaging of Internal Audit requests from investors, regulators, and other business partners
- Support department staff understanding of the audit approach, methodology & tools
- Maintain regular communication with Audit Management leadership and team
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and build partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of risks, audit scope, procedures, and reporting progress
- Oversee processes to track and report on Internal Audit issue statuses from issue identification to validation and closure issues
- Assist with special projects and assignments
- Develop and maintain proactive working relationships with personnel across the Company
- Respect the confidentiality of the workplace, its clients, and employees
- Coordinate audit activities with other departments to secure the resources needed to evaluate programs and conduct audits.
- Ensure that auditreports clearly communicate the results and testing for key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee perspective.
- Work with business management to develop creative, practical recommendations and solutions to business process and control concerns. Provide monitoring, reporting, and review of the status of outstanding audit findings.
- Advise and coordinate with other departments about policies, procedures and process improvements.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. **THESE ARE ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS IN THE ROLE.**
- Strong leadership skills to evaluate opportunities with process improvement within the department for the area of responsibility) and demonstrated the ability to facilitate change
- Strong knowledge of internal audit methodologies and practices, including IIA standards, and the implementation of such methodologies
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and oversee multiple projects
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Proven ability to excel in a highly interactive team environment
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead the development of staff objectives, provide insight and guidance to establish benchmarks and output, follow up on a regular basis to assure objectives are met, and coach staff to maximize performance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), specifically, skills with Excel including filtering, pivots, charting and graphing; and PowerPoint skills used in creating various reports for senior management
- Strong project management skills coordinating assignments, tracking/monitoring progress, and reporting on the status
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- 12+ years of public accounting or internal auditexperience in the financial services industry
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CMA, or CISA
- Prior mortgage industry experience a plus
Job Requisition ID: