Reporting to the GM Financial IO Chief Operating Office, the International Operations Insurance Leader, is responsible for developing and executing the region's insurance strategy, including maximizing the penetration and financial performance of insurance programs throughout these markets.
- Define the insurance product roadmap and launch new automotive related insurance products for the GM auto dealer sales channel in collaboration with the local GM Financial sales organizations to create a One Stop Shop
- Oversee the selection of insurance partners and brokers and support negotiation of contracts. Ensure the RFP process is executed for each new product and contract renewals
- Negotiate, and monitor program profitability on behalf of GM/GM Financial specific to insurance products. Once in place, manage ongoing insurance products in conjunction with the local GM Financial business units, insurance partners, brokers and dealers
- Optimize the Customer Experience with our Insurance products
- Ensure adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern the GM Financial business unit and complete all regulatory knowledge training
- Drive the development of solutions to digitally integrate the insurance products at the point of sale
- Meet or exceed business plan key performance indicators for Insurance including Income, Penetration and Net Promoter Score
- With the business units, ensure adequate control of business processes, including management reporting, related to insurance products
- Perform regular competitive analysis that covers topics such as: products offered variations in insurance coverage, promotion, pricing and placement
- Engage and develop the country insurance teams
- Establish, maintain and improve professional insurance training programs throughout GM/GMF
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Conform with all company policies and procedures
- Role scope is Latin America and China
- Knowledge of automotive related insurance products such as Motor, GAP, Credit Life and Extended Warranty
- Understanding of the insurance technical, legal and regulatory frameworks
- Commercial understanding of auto-business, i.e. market forces, business drivers, etc.
- Understanding of the insurance market dynamics within Latin America and China.
- Relevant Professional Insurance qualifications
- Proven track-record on setting up and developing business within a political complex environment
- Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills which allows the insurance manager to handle complex situations
- Ability to work independently and travel frequently
- Strong focus on project management activities, deliverables
- Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Fluent in English
- Spanish, Portuguese and/or Chinese language skills appreciated
- Greater than 10 years of experience of working in an insurance sales environment preferably in the automotive and/or financial service sector
- 5-7 years of experience in leading teams directly and indirectly
Role can be based in US or other countries.