Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Vice President, IT Infrastructure & Operations!
About the role:
This is the highest role in the infrastructure and operations (I&O) function within IT, accountable for IT I&O throughout the organization. This individual is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise.
- This individual brings current knowledge and future vision for transforming this function including its strategy, service offerings and workforce. The role holder is a senior stakeholder in all relationships with externally sourced infrastructure and operations capabilities.
- As a key member of the senior IT leadership team this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring the strategy is fully aligned, positioning I&O to deliver compelling business value.
- This person has the technical acumen to transform Symetra to a digital business with a proven track record in leading with the following critical attributes:
- Think like a customer. Always.
- Amplify talent.
- Boldly perform and transform.
- Build bridges and demand diversity
Your education, experience and skills:
- Experienced with cloud adoption (at scale), establishing governance, delivering migration projects and modifying the operating model.
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in developing and executing IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic environments where agile was applied at scale.Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 15 or more years of experience in IT or business/industry.
- 7 or more years of leadership responsibilities, including strategy, budgeting and staffing.
What we offer you
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better—both at work and at home.
- Flexible work and telecommute arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources designed to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Paid time away options to accommodate your needs and life's events, including vacation (our favorite), illness, caring for a family member, volunteering, the birth or adoption of a child, the loss of a family member and more
- Ongoing learning and skills development through our college tuition assistance, professional education certification programs and more
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching and/or participate in our company-wide week of service each June