- Drive collaboration across a centralized IT organization and senior level executives to lead the careful and responsible management of the technical organization.
- Establish (analyze, define, prioritize and implement) an efficient framework of repeatable, scalable processes for a dynamic, centralized IT organization servicing multiple business units. (Such as ISO27001, COBIT, ITIL, Six Sigma, and DevOps).
- Achieve measurable improvements in the organization’s capabilities and effectiveness to perform against expanding workloads and demands for services.
- Lead the cost/benefit analysis of technology evaluations, decisions and roadmap planning for architecture and technical migration (related to cloud, on premise, and hybrid infrastructure).
- Coordinate capital and operational budgeting and forecasting for infrastructure, licensing, vendors, partners and workforce.
- Lead assigned functions within the Office of the CTO, such as Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Information Security, Program Management, and Business Continuity.
- Exercise influence across IT, and company-wide, in the areas of operational excellence and scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business or a related technical field, MBA or related MA preferred.
- 20+ years professional work experience in Information Technology, with 10+ years or more in major leadership positions.
- Entrepreneurial/Innovative leader of business transformation efforts and track record of successful change management.
- Experience in providing mature and scalable IT services, preferably with a software-as-a-service company, managing Enterprise Systems and infrastructure,
- Experience with big 5 consulting and/or Financial Services sector– a major plus.
- Proven people and teams development and leadership skills.
- Experience in leading and managing co-located and virtual/distributed teams.
- Experience working in high and fast growth environments, with growth driven organically as well as by acquisitions (from due diligence, Day 1 and total integration).
- Demonstrated understanding of the following IT domains/controls: security administration, technology change management, data management, business continuity and disaster recovery, operations and problem management, and asset management.
- Experience in working with Agile delivery/development organizations – a plus.
- Certifications and proven track record in using ITIL and Lean/Six Sigma (Green Belt or higher) – preferred.
- Powerful and prolific written and verbal communicator – Ability to effectively convey complex information to executives.
- Ability to interact and form trusting relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Position requires up to 20% travel