Vice President – Information Technology (Infrastructure and Operations)
This Senior IT role is a member of the IT Leadership Team and has responsibility for establishing direction, aligning resources, removing barriers and measuring progress for the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) areas supporting First National Bank of Omaha. The head of I&O is responsible for the delivery of all IT Infrastructure and related IT Operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise. The head of I&O brings current knowledge and future vision to transform I&O including its strategy, service offerings, partnerships, and team capabilities. As a key member of the senior IT leadership team this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring the I&O strategy is fully aligned, positioning I&O to deliver compelling business value. The individual in this role should have a strong background in Leadership, Infrastructure, and Operations. They are expected to have a business oriented mindset and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Work with CTO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the technology and business strategy.
- Sets the mission and strategic imperatives for the I&O organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Lead the development of our Cloud Strategy and Practices in partnership with Information Security, AppDev, and Business Partners.
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of Infrastructure and Operations services.
- Develops and controls the annual I&O budget to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Defines, develops and manages Infrastructure and Operations Services based on best-practices, metrics/KPIs, and forward looking roadmaps.
- Collaborates with Information Security to ensure I&O embrace and apply security strategy.
- Supports periodic reviews by internal audit, compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
- Maintains a long-term view of technology to ensure best practices, technology platform direction, and modernization are prioritized
- Directs the development of a sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure I&O can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Develops the maturity of I&O to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Reports to CTO
- Peers and other direct reports to the CTO: AppDev Leaders, Finance, HR, PMO
- Business unit leadership team(s) and Functional Executives
- Direct reports to this role responsible for Distributed Compute, Network Services, Unified Communications, Storage, Architecture & Engineering, Database Management, Middleware, and IT Operations
- External Partners and Service Providers for Infrastructure and Operaitons
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years in IT and business/industry
- Seven or more years of Infrastructure or Operations leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading Infrastructure transformational initiatives
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources required for success may not be in direct control of this role
- Experienced in leading cloud adoption (at scale), including establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects and modifying I&O’s target operating model.
- Ability to develop staff including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and influence others
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
- Knowledgeable in how to apply I&O capabilities to achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers.
DESIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Building relationships. Builds both formal and informal professional network.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration.
- Inspires, motivates and guides team members.
- Has proven experience in leading significant transformation and cultural change.
- Has strong business acumen and business planning skills.
- Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics.
- Very high degree of initiative, strong work-ethic, creativity, motivation, and accountability.
- Highly effective speaking, listening, writing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of vendors, service providers, internal and external regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the OCC, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, and Audit.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
- Sets and accomplishes challenging goals.
- Operates with a high degree of transparency in technology solution design & decision making.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.