The Vice President – Information Technology, reporting directly to the CIO, will lead the strategic interface for the IT team with key leaders in global supply chain and business groups/divisions for business technology strategy development, solution leverage discovery, process digitization, IT partnering and service management, information security management and business relationship management. As the primary point of contact to business line executives and managers, s/he will be the "trusted advisor" to provide strategic guidance on IT services and capabilities to meet business objectives and enable outcomes. S/he will drive IT digital strategy using enterprise business architecture framework across supply chain and business units. S/he will have early career operational process experience coupled with knowledge of latest digital technology developments and deployment experience in digital technology capabilities, including digitization of functional/business processes. S/he will be required to quickly gain business/operating process knowledge to support high-level planning and execution of business initiatives enabled by technology solutions. By proactively sharing process/technology related opportunities, risks and required process/organizational capabilities, s/he will build competitive digital advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the partner business capabilities. S/he will lead a team of key IT business partners and ensure alignment to global strategies for both IT and business partners. By leveraging global IT platforms, products and services s/he will drive value to the business as measured in speed, quality and cost.
- The VP Information Technology works with C-suite senior leaders of business and functions to develop technology strategies and executable roadmaps that are integrated with IT and across connected functional teams. S/he must quickly develop a strong understanding of global supply chain and of each business unit to include their business drivers for success, process and approaches to business models.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of process digitization and solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Partner/collaborate with the Enterprise Architect team to Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet valid business needs, and to solution POC (proof-of-concept) based on key business requirements and business outcomes. Collaborate across teams for success and drive results.
- Partner with key leaders and business partners to validate business cases at scale for new technology investments. Experience in IT business relationship management, as well as partnering with business leaders to enable them to prioritize/sequence and roadmap projects involving technology investments would be key.
- Partner with supply chain and business leaders to enable solution adoption and enable business readiness understanding as well as operating plans/data/process/org changes required for new technology adoption at scale.
- Act as the key liaison across supply chain and business divisions for Information Technology.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate internal and external resources.
- Clear enterprise-wide strategic envisioning for business results (executable)
- Knows what "great" looks like, practical and logical – exposure to supply chain/ logistics operations and latest digital technology awareness.
- Lead technology leverage with process, org/operating structure and data
- Execution and results driven – tenacious and leads to completion (own it)
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards and enterprise leverage.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on project intake process and prioritization of projects across the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology
- 15 + years of IT or business/industry work experience with a broad range of exposure to latest digital technology and various technical and operation / business environments.
- 3 + years of experience of developing and executing strategic plans for project portfolio with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
- 3 + years of team leadership experience
- Master's Degree in Technology / Engineering
- Experience working in a matrix environment with diverse and complex business units
- Early career experience in ERP deployment
- Exposure or supply chain logistics, commercial business process
- Current experience in technology architecture, cloud environment and digital technology trends
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Process and systems thinking that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Problem solving
- Performance driven
- Learning orientation
- Public speaking
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.