The VP of the AORN Enterprise Industry Segment is a member of the AORN Executive Team and will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all aspects of sales for AORN's enterprise. He/she will be responsible for assessing vendor opportunities and corresponding revenue/profitability targets related to AORN's enterprise sales, business plans and strategic business initiatives. The VP will provide overall direction to the Industry Segment Team including coordination with subsidiaries and the AORN Foundation. In conjunction with the Executive Director/CEO and others, the VP will collaborate in developing strategic alliances with medical device companies to build awareness of how AORN can provide nurse access to industry products and services.
He/she will be responsible for working with AORN departments and teams to evaluate new opportunities and assist with the development of business cases. Finally, the VP, AORN Enterprise Industry Segment will ensure an integrated and effective approach to sales efforts for the products aimed at specific segments to ensure they meet established financial goals for the Association and its related subsidiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and leadership of business development, strategic alliances and direct management of the Industry segment team.
- Maximizes revenue opportunities with all AORN subsidiaries, divisions and related third party partners to achieve business goals.
- Evaluates the infrastructure and implement a more effective approach for how AORN prices products to industry.
- Oversees the sales of products to industry and tracks sales results of AORN enterprise sales team.
- Researches and develops business cases for new strategic alliances, ensuring a strategic alignment to the vision, mission and values of the enterprise organization.
- Develops and manages the annual business plan for the Industry Segment, providing direction, guidance and mentorship to industry team and subsidiaries.
- Builds relationships and manages the delivery of a consultative sales process with stakeholders in line with future business strategies.
- Ensures that customer satisfaction and feedback mechanisms are in place and operational.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of the current portfolio of products/solutions, identifying unmet needs and sunset opportunities for current products as needed.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching, rewarding and providing appropriate recognition as well as performance management for the Industry team.
- Serves on the Executive team to provide strategic direction to the organization.
- Participates in leadership and governance for the association.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, healthcare or related field.
- Requires 8-10 years of business development experience with current knowledge of healthcare trends related to technology, political arena, regulatory changes, reimbursement, and demographics.
- Minimum of five years senior leadership experience, leading and overseeing a sales/business development function.
- Prior experience working in the medical device and/or surgical services industry.
- Master's degree (MBA) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Visionary "big picture" orientation, strong business acumen, self starter, entrepreneurial, externally focused, goal directed and ability to lead through influence.
- Strong business acumen with a documented ability to provide new ideas for product development purposes.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills to executive level and quantitative abilities (requires proficient use of MS Excel, experience developing business plans, metrics and dashboard reports, etc.).
- Experience using an enterprise sales CRM to create efficiencies and drive sales growth and collaboration across sales teams.
- Ability to develop sales team budgets, set effective sales targets, and create sales strategies to achieve business goals.
- Ability to work with diverse groups effectively.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates and holds others accountable for demonstrating organizational values of communication, quality, innovation and collaboration.
Non-smoking office environment, using a computer, telephone and other office equipment daily. Attendance at scheduled meetings as required. Ability to travel as needed to support business development and Association functions. Expected travel of 25-30%.
FLSA Status: Exempt
AORN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.