The VP, Human Resources role offers a unique opportunity focused on delivering transformation through talent initiatives, projects and processes that will support our talent strategy and achievement of business goals across our North America region. The North America region has over 12,000 team members largely comprised of Service Delivery, Account Executives, Sales Teams and Shared Services Groups.
Reporting to the SVP of Human Resources America’s & Europe, you will be responsible for executing and integrating the HR strategy in-line with the needs of the business plan and strategic direction of the company. In this role, you will provide operational and consultative support to senior most leaders in North America and their teams across the region; equipping leaders with the tools and techniques which enable them to manage staff in alignment with talent philosophies, policies, practices, and programs, across all areas of Human Resources including compensation, succession planning, change management and talent management. This position will be the first point of contact for senior business leaders across North America and will collaborate with the Centers of Excellence in Talent Acquisition, HR Systems, Compensation & Benefits, and Learning & Development as we build a best-in-class company. In addition to advanced knowledge of human resource practices, this position requires strong communication, organizational, and influencing skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Direct day-to-day HRresponsibilities for the North America region, providing operational and consultative support to managers in alignment with talent practices and programs, and leveraging the HR Centers of Excellence to provide best in class support.
- Collaborate closely with Line of Business Leaders, HR Business Partners and the HR Centers of Excellence to drive the overall people plan for the Line of Business that results in revenue growth and margin improvement.
- Improve leadership capabilities across the region through key HR programs such as succession management, talent acquisition, and leadership learning.
- Coaches senior leaders on improving their ability to engage employees and work cross-functionally with their peers.
- Provides successful knowledge and consultation on organization design and development, compensation, performance management, recruiting, and employee communication.
- Help translate the HR strategic plan into execution deliverables to better support operational performance.
- Develop and drive programs that improve employee engagement and talent retention at all levels of the North America region.
- Provide leadership with insights and analytics that help shape people decisions short and long term.
- Conducts continuing reviews of all personnel policies, programs and practices to keep the Company abreast of current practices and informed of new developments, pending and new laws and regulations.
- Work with SVP of HR and Center of Excellence leaders to enhance and/or develop, implement and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures. Directs the interpretation and application of those policies and procedures throughout the region.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources function and business leaders with the goal of enhancing organizational effectiveness and lowering employment related risk.
- Lead & develop a team of HR business partners and employee relations specialists’ by providing feedback on strength and growth areas, providing an environment that supports learning and development, and regularly discussing progress towards goals with direct reports.
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of various other tasks, duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to operate with agility, focus and passion to get the job done.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp new concepts and effectively adapt to varied challenges and demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze and look past routine ways of doing things to arrive at new ideas and solutions.
- Business acumen as it relates to people levers of the P&L and ability to influence in a highly matrix global environment.
- Requires very strong communication and mediation skills at all levels and the ability to collaborate and build strong relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, objectivity and fairness in all situations while balancing the needs of all stakeholders.
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong working knowledge of Employment, Recruiting, Benefit, Compensation, Safety, Training and Development, Performance Management, Labor & Employment Regulations, Revenue Generation and Operations Management.
- Strong hands on experience in leadership coaching, talent management, culture change, and workforce planning.
- Frequent demand for travel to the Company’s field locations.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, industrial relations or organizational development.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in General HR Management in roles of progressively increasing responsibility within the business to business services industry
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Post-graduate education and/or training
- SPHR Certifications
- 5 or more years of Operations Management
- Fluent in Spanish6603