We are seeking a VP, Human Resources Business Partner to support the Chief Operating Officer and EVP Strategy.
In this role, you will support the bright minds of the Gilead Commercial, Corporate and G&A teams that make up for a more than 4,000 worldwide employees. This business partner will support several high-profile, influential members of the leadership team, including the Chief Operating Officer and the EVP Strategy, in global organizational assessment and design, talent management, succession planning, performance management, and coaching for their respective groups. You will report into the EVP Human Resources and serve on the HRLeadership Team.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Managing a range of human resources services, focusing on the Commercial, Corporate and G&A functions, the HR Business Partner provides proactive HRleadership and consultation to business groups supporting managers and employees of the organization (manages a team of approx. 20HRBPs in North America, Asia and Latin America. Additional matrix responsibility for EMEA HRBPs)
- Fills the role of strategic advisor in meeting facilitations. Partners with senior leadership to provide the strategic leadership in organizational change and other new initiatives.
- Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as merger, acquisitions, exceptional business trajectories, and /or reorganizations.
- Designs and/or implements programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Working with client group management, influences line-managers to make changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the organization.
- Serves as a consultant to client group management and is responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction.
- Serves as integrated part of the business, working with and advising the managers of respective client groups to align with and assist in accomplishing broader business objectives.
- Provides senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies and may facilitate the training of managers and supervisors on HR programs and policies.
- Partners with the HR COEs to deliver customized programs and services to the business in the areas of organizational development, performance management, compensation, employee relations, training and staffing.
- Manages and resolves Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Gilead policies.
- In partnership with Learning & Development, manages training needs analysis and develops training solutions to build capability within the assigned client group.
- Develops and conducts presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Participates on global HR initiatives that may require taking the lead on HR projects within the client group.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Typically requires a BA/BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business, and a minimum 18years of relevant experience in the HR field.
- An MA/MSdegree can be substituted for 2 years of related experience.
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred.
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing and consulting skills.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in depth degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Requires experience and ability to manage staff across multiple locations.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employmentlaw, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required (should be skilled in use of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Must possess coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (training, compensation, benefits, etc.) with management.
- Some travel will be required.
- Role model for Gilead core values and ways of working.