The Human Resource Director is responsible for managing and administering Club human resources functions, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, safety, employee relations, performance management and staff development. Provides advice and counsel to management in the development and implementation of policies and practices that comply with all applicable regulations and are consistent with Boys & Girls Club mission and values.
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, establish and implement policies and procedures for the effective management of Club human resources, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations and community practice, as well as Boys & Girls Club mission and values.
- Provide information to staff and volunteer leadership to support management decision-making about policy issues, employee relations, staff development needs, compensation and benefits practices and costs and recruitment practices. Prepare reports summarizing human resources programs and activities.
- Strategic Planning
- Contribute to operational strategic planning, providing perspective on staffing and employee development needs to support strategic directions.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve human resources policies, procedures and programs to ensure they meet Club needs and motivate effective performance of staff.
- Develop recommendations for implementation and modification of human resources management policies, procedures and programs to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Resource Management
- Control expenditures against budget, particularly in the areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits and staff development. Encourage proactive strategies for responding to employee issues to minimize potential expenses.
- Manage administrative and operational systems for maintaining all employment and personnel records, ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment in compliance with all OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure a productive work environment that encourages positive, effective working relationships and open communications, and is respectful of the gender and cultural diversity of Club staff, volunteers and members. Take prompt, appropriate action to respond to conflicts between staff members.
- Support the recruitment and selection of staff with the qualifications necessary for successful performance, recommending recruitment sources and strategies, and ensure recruitment process records are maintained in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support staff career development, identifying opportunities for training and skill building within budget limits.
- Partnership Development
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other Clubs, consultants and vendors, as well as youth serving, professional and/or nonprofit organizations, to maintain professional credibility within the community.
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to promote awareness of the Club and stimulate interest in employment opportunities with Boys & Girls Clubs.
- College degree or equivalent; prefer PHR or SPHR certification
- At least five years progressively responsible experience in human resources management
- Computer literate, including database management
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (Continued):
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting human resources management
- Current knowledge of best practices in human resources management
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Scrupulous attention to detail and confidentiality