$200K — $250K *
• Serve as the lead actuary on client teams including setting strategy, project management of financial deliverables and peer review/certification of results
• Demonstrated success in client/prospect presentations and relationship building
• Strategic thinking to harmonize financial initiatives with overall client benefits strategy
• Financial modeling for employer group health plans including rate setting, contribution and plan design modeling, and risk management/stop loss strategies
• Train/mentor general consultants to grow financial acumen across the business
• Contribute to Data Analytics leadership and innovation
• Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
• ASA or FSA with a minimum of 6 years of Group Benefits consulting experience with particular emphasis on healthcare is required.
• Experience leading financial consulting for employer groups exceeding 5,000+ employees
• Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics is required.
• Extensive experience in evaluating client needs and providing client service, preferably in a consultative or sales related profession.
• Knowledge of and experience with all aspects of the healthcare marketplace including plan design, pricing, IBNP reserves, benchmarking, financial management/analysis including experience projections, and administration
• Ability to provide, where appropriate, clear direction or the ability to listen and incorporate the ideas of others.
• Firm understanding of underwriting processes, principles and standards.
• Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exemplary ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision-making.
• Superior to excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• High degree of self-motivation and creative problem solving
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel, Access, VBA)
• Knowledge of Python/R, or desire to learn
• Ability to travel when needed
• Team player
Valid through: 4/9/2021