Site head and General Manager, Lengnau. Manage the recombinant products through Lengnau, and the greenfield manufacturing project.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Guides and directs the site activities to achieve CSL and CSL Behring global objectives. Balances local and global leadership effectively. Optimizes the supply chain with the patient and CSL in mind.
2. Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on corporate goals and strategic growth objectives. Oversees the implementation and ensures the execution of programs to meet corporate goals and objectives.
3. Assumes total responsibility to guide financial control, budgeting and the site P & L with the framework of GAAP rules. Manages the site activities to produce the planned output of the site within the manufacturing plans as specified by Corporate Planning, within the budgetary parameters specified. Interacts with Planning Operations as necessary to ensure appropriate coordination of manufacturing plans with sales forecasts.
4. Designs, implements, and monitors short term and long term strategies to continually improve the operational effectiveness of the facility and the company, including innovative approaches that create a sustainable competitive advantage over time.
5. Establishes and monitors site KPIs to ensure short- and long-term objectives are met.
6. Coordinates with corporate Quality the implementation of systems and processes to ensure compliance with all GMP and Regulatory Agency requirements.
7. Promotes safety awareness throughout the business by leading by example, supporting safety initiatives and encouraging debate regarding safety excellence.
8. Responsible for the continued development of personnel to ensure managerial and technical competence to perform required job functions; to ensure the manufacture of conforming products and the profitability of the site operations. Oversees human resource planning, recruitment, training and development to ensure that the facility has a well trained and qualified workforce and management team required for effective operation. This includes the direct participation in recruitment, selection, promotion termination and performance management of site personnel in leadership and critical roles.
9. Builds, develops and manages site leadership team capable of engaging employees’ commitment to achieve the company’s goals and objectives, while complying with company policies. Promotes high employee engagement and a positive work environment.
10. Acts as principal spokesperson and represents CSL Behring externally in the local area, in line with CSL Behring and CSL Corporate direction.
11. Develops and implements procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
12. Ensures that all business operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations, such as Food & Drug Administration (FDA), German Health Authority (GHA), Plasma Proteins Therapeutic Association (PPTA) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
Master’s Degree in Business Management or related subject preferred
15 years of progressively responsible experience in management positions in a highly regulated, multi-location environment, including direct and indirect supervision of technical specialists performing work under enforceable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)