Reporting directly to the CFO, the VP Global Tax will be responsible for leading a team of tax professionals and providing US and international tax planning and strategic leadership of the tax function. As the worldwide leader of our tax organization you will establish the department’s vision and goals. The VP of Global Tax is skillful in developing tax planning strategies, analyzing issues and communicating and collaborating with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Lead our worldwide tax function and develop US and international tax planning strategies, projects, and their implementation
- Serve as Fortinet’s lead tax expert and adviser, and partner with executives across the organization as well as internal and external, tax, finance, treasury, and legal experts on business and tax planning matters, compliance reporting and audits, and tax operations.
- Advise on international tax aspects of Fortinet’s business and international expansion, including entering into new markets and cross-border transactions involving multiple tax jurisdictions
- Monitor and review US and international legislation that may impact Fortinet’s business and develop and implement appropriate responses and strategies
- Manage domestic and international income tax compliance, documentation and reporting functions.
- Manage relationships with tax authorities, compliance providers and external advisors.
- Oversee all direct and indirect taxes, including income, sales and use, property, and consumption-based taxes. Including actively monitoring US, state, and tax legislative and judicial actions, analyze potential impacts/benefits, and implement mitigation or action plans for the Company
- Analyze tax ramifications of unusual contracts, M&A activities, strategic initiatives and significant transactions
- Perform technical review and research of complex tax return issues
- Oversee the design and execution of tax controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Audits and constantly monitor for updates and changes
- Hire, manage, coach and develop direct reports and global tax department staff
- 15+ years of relevant experience US and international tax experience or equivalent required
- JD, CPA, or Masters in Taxation preferred but not required
- Extensive U.S. Federal, State and International income tax and transaction tax knowledge
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to executive leadership
- Strong project management, written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner