WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
As the Vice President of Global Sourcing you will be the global owner of direct supply chain sourcing and performance; including accountability for the strategic vision, organizational performance and flawless execution through supplier performance and supplier relationship management. You will report to the Executive Vice President of Supply Chain and have responsibility for 6,400 suppliers across 33 different commodities, supplying our 16 manufacturing sites with over 280,000 unique components.
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement a global sourcing strategy that aligns with both Voice of Customer and Voice of Business, and positions Plexus for continued growth and competitive differentiation.
- Ensure effective management of the global supply chain.
- Bias spend to strategic suppliers to achieve optimal cost basis.
- Drive supplier performance in the areas of quality, delivery, cost, inventory/working capital and flexibility. Develop supplier executive relationships to facilitate.
- Ensure effective tools and processes in place to appropriately mitigate supply chain risk.
- Drive strategic cost reduction initiatives.
- Oversee supplier segmentation and relationship management such that company resources are aligned with value creation.
- Oversee supplier segmentation and relationship management such that company resources are aligned with value creation. Ensure effective commodity strategies exist and are communicated appropriately to the broader organization. Be the focal point for the organization as to global supply chain market dynamics. Leverage this knowledge to achieve optimal supply chain performance and competitive advantage for Plexus and our customers; this includes development of new supply chain commodities in advance of the anticipated need.
- Engage existing customers and business development targets to solicit Voice of Customer feedback and to convey Plexus' global Supply Chain strategy and competence.
- Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- To achieve the strategy, develop, implement and continuously improve an organizational structure for optimal effectiveness and efficiency.
- Be an active member of the global Supply Chain Leadership Team, driving the strategy for the future.
- Ensure processes and work instructions related to this organization are efficient and correctly capture best practice.
- Domestic and International travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 35%)
WHAT WE VALUE
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Results
- Builds Effective Teams
- Attracts Top Talent
- Manages Complexity
- Organizational Savvy
- Strategic Mindset
- Builds Networks
- Customer Focus
- Cultivates Innovation
- Business Insight
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required; a Master's Degree is preferred.
- Ten (10)) years of related experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Individual should have increasingly responsible leadership experience involving strategy development and deployment, leadership and team-building.
- Employee should have demonstrated success in an executive level setting.
- Expertise in supply chain, including technical, technological and business concepts (including finance and cost models).
- Certification by ISM or APICS is preferred.
- Ability to influence others, including decision-making, conflict resolution and leadership competencies as defined by the company. Ability to lead without formal authority.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with and influence internal and external senior-level decision makers. Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus Corp. in a professional manner.
- Quantitative analysis ability, attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills.