We are currently seeking a Vice President of Global Sourcing – IT! This key position will report directly to the Chief Procurement Officer of the Corporation. It will be responsible for establishing and leading the execution of the sourcing strategies for the key spends in Information Technology. The Spend includes Hardware, Software, Telecom, Onboard Connectivity (including Satellite Bandwidth Services), Professional IT Services, IT Support Services & Contract Labor. This role will partner with all of the Operating Companies in leveraging scale, simplifying the supplier base and creating value in the Information Technology sourcing area. An exceptional leader is necessary to lead and coordinate global technical supply chain strategies, collaborate with all our Operating Companies, and drive value on the >$150+Mn spend including both Operating Expense and Capital expense. This role will be expected to influence both the sourcing and operation executive leadership at each of the Operating Companies.
- Exceptional leadership abilities to lead and coordinate global Information Technology supply chain strategies and collaboration with all our Operating Companies which will drive value on a >$150+Mn annual spend.
- Establish and lead the execution of the sourcing strategies for the key spends in the Information Technology, including Hardware, Software, Telecom, Onboard Connectivity (including Satellite Bandwidth Services), Professional IT Services, IT Support Services and Contract Labor.
- Partnering and collaborating with all Operating Companies in order to effectively leverage our scale, simplify the supplier base, reduce total cost of ownership, improve guest and crew satisfaction and create value in the Information Technology area.
- Ensure strong involvement with all Information Technology commodity areas and understanding of Information Technology market dynamics to gain intricate knowledge of supply chain strategies and leverage points for each area.
- Responsible for leading a small team that provides sourcing, analytical and strategy support for all our Operating Companies.
- Work with the Chief Procurement Officer, CIOs and other leaders of the Operating Companies as may be needed on strategic development initiatives; provide ongoing leadership for these initiatives.
- Participate in developing and ensuring business analytics and reporting is established for targeted areas of responsibility.
- Project management leadership which will include overseeing and ensuring quality delivery of assigned projects; collect, measure, report and communicate progress with key stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Successful, 15+ year track record with significant experience in and successful operation in complex global organizations and Information Technology related strategic sourcing.
- Outstanding leadership skills with an ability to influence and gain alignment in a matrixed environment
- Experience in leading in a highly ambiguous and complex environment with a key skill of driving simplicity
- Demonstrated ability to create strategic supplier partnerships that create a competitive advantage for the corporation
- Strong experience in sourcing strategy creation and execution (e.g. 7 Step sourcing)
- Expertise in conducting complex analyses and distilling into a clear, concise business allocation
- Strong facilitation and project management skills
- Strong ability to interface with all levels, departments and Operating Companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of Information Technology ecosystems and products
- Ability to negotiate and optimize commercial terms; strong previous working relationship with Legal Support teams a plus
- Strong understanding of best practices with respect to IT related contract terms and conditions
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel to meet with vendors and business units may be required, which may include shipboard travel/ship visits.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.