- Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Vice President, Global Partners
- This Vice President is an executive leadership position that will be accountable for both Ciena’s Global Partner Program (GPP) and our Global Partner Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy. This executive will ensure that Ciena’s global partner strategy aligns to support the corporation's objectives in the areas of revenue growth, market penetration and portfolio adoption through channel partners.
Accountability of the position include:
- Global ownership of Ciena’s GTM strategy, program strategy, and operational framework that enables carrier partners, re-sellers, vars/si's, managed solutions providers, and distributors to drive business with Ciena
- Ongoing evolution/expansion of Ciena’s Partner Network (CPN) Program including infrastructure and tools, commercial strategy, partner rewards, learning, communications and reporting
- Set global priorities for the partner business and align to corporate objectives with respect to revenue growth, geography and industry vertical penetration, and specified portfolio growth
- Functional alignment and collaboration with leadership teams across marketing, finance, legal, information technology and services
- Plan and execute annual partner conferences and consistent interface to key partner executives
- Responsible for driving $1B through partners and manage a $15M+ operating budget for the program (including MDF) and a globally dispersed team of between 30-40 employees and contingent staff
Key Stakeholders / Regular Interactions:
- Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, who is based in Hanover, MD, this executive will closely align and collaborate with SVP Sales and Marketing, Regional General Managers of the Americas, EMEA, India, and APJ as well as the Product Portfolio Division executives
- Is responsible for all of the third party and partner investments made in support of the program objectives
- Direct responsibility for channel sales and business development teams in the regions with tight alignment and collaboration with super region general managers and business segment stakeholders
- Direct responsibility for global partner organization (GPO) which operates the Ciena Partner Network (CPN)
- Creating the strategic plan for the Global Partners Organization (operations and field) in collaboration with the regional general managers and drive approval with Ciena’s Executive Leadership Team
- Manage the Global Partner Organization budget and operational accountability inclusive of partner rewards and incentives
- Ensuring ongoing development of GPO Team
- Ownership and evolution of operational/IT framework associated with partner recruiting, onboarding, enablement and reporting
- Selection and management of all 3rd party partner program supplier relationships
- Strategy related to all partner benefits (mdf, rebates, rewards, incentives) and oversight of the programs
- Direct interaction and alignment with key partner stakeholders globally
- Collaboration with learning group on all tools and training associated with partner enablement
- Global partner communications and “marketing to” partners -- including newsletters, social media platforms, communities, and events
- BS or BA degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering AND 15-20+ years’ work related experience
- Minimum 10+ years of leadership experience specifically within the hi-tech industry – this role is responsible for creating a vision and strategy as well as operationalizing a world-class partner platform and program
- Extensive sales and marketing experience in the high-tech industry
- Proven experience building a program to support global partner business in excess of $500m in B2B
- Proven experience leading field/channel business development and sales personnel – previous team size should scale to managing approximately 40 associates
- Experience interfacing with partner and alliance executive teams. Personal interaction (preparing and delivering presentations) at the CXO level within an organization and with Partner or Customer organizations
- Willingness to travel globally 30% or more at times during the year
- Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
- Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!