(ISC)² ® is the world's largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals. We're committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class cybersecurity qualifications, professional development and engagement opportunities that inspire a safe and secure cyber world. With more than 165,000 certified members, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
We are on a journey of global growth at an important time in the Cybersecurity profession and are seeking a Vice President, Global Marketing to help us grow. The right person will have proven marketing leadership experience, preferably with a global non-profit association with certification programs, to develop, direct, implement and champion a highly effective global marketing strategy. This role will lead all aspects of our product marketing and global brand activities and work closely with sales, customer experience, strategy, and product teams to reach targeted growth goals across our customer categories.
We need an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, has a bias for action and able to build the plane while flying. A leader who is nimble; reacts and adapts quickly to ever changing market and customer environment. Balances strategy and tactics to move fast.
The role requires thinking from “outside in” based on rigorous approach to understanding the market/customer with a strong understanding for analytics, navigates complex issues and comfortable with the change management necessary to drive transformation.
*This is a full-time, remote position. Must have a professional home office environment and live in or near the DC metro area.
- Develop the overall global marketing strategy portion of integrated sales and marketing plan in coordination with the Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Drive the implementation of the Marketing strategy and objectives and lead the teams implementing - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, creative services and brand development.
- Set KPIs for marketing activities across the business and manage to results.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends making adjustments as necessary.
- Drive global brand strategy and execution across product and creative marketing activities and integrate throughout company.
- Engage with third party brand agencies to drive results from investments to deliver on corporate objectives.
- Advocate and ensure compliance of brand strategy, tone of voice, brand and legal standards relating to creative expression of our brands getting whole company to be brand ambassadors.
- Monitor risks to reputation and oversee strategies to mitigate where necessary in collaboration with executive team and corporate PR.
- Develop and lead strategy to utilize social media to improve social media reputation and recognition in collaboration with corporate PR.
- Provide experienced team leadership and staff management to include enabling career development and cross-team collaboration.
- Sets clear vision that spans silos to mobilize cross-functional teams behind specific objectives.
- Connect marketing activities to organization objectives to combine big picture, creative thinking with strong accountability and measurable results.
- Develops a diverse and inclusive, high-performing, accountable, successful team of employees and consultants necessary to accomplish (ISC)2’s mission and objectives.
- Analyze and understand business results and global industry trends to make strategy decisions around customer behavior and experience.
- Improve the corporate lead management process to ensure all marketing funnel results meet and exceed industry norms and company expectations for customer capture and growth.
- Be the company expert on all marketing related industry and technological changes that impact the business.
- Understand and use brand metrics to create insights, drive brand performance and engagement in line with global business strategy, developing, advancing and promoting creative strategies to drive brand engagement.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the globe to set, deliver and achieve team KPIs in line with business strategy to ensure consistent global marketing results.
- Establish requirements and enable internal and external capabilities to deliver all creative print digital and video requests from all business stakeholders such as product marketing, events, product development, etc.
- Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is required, Master’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
- Minimum 15 years related marketing operations and brand-building experience.
- Experience developing brand strategy.
- Experience working with different executive stakeholders and managing expectations.
- Global marketing experience; experience developing brand and product marketing plans
- Experience with core creative and video processes and tools
- Experience with global associations that service multiple member types, preferably including certifications
- com using CPQ and related marketing programs like Marketing Cloud, Pardot, etc.
- Website and related eCommerce platform experience with products like Sitecore, Commerce Cloud, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of digital communications
- Budgetary control experience
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility
- Advanced knowledge and leadership in design, creative communication, advertising and product marketing.
- Expertknowledge and experience in directing and leading a global team in the processes and tools for design, development, and publication of various types of content, in digital and print formats.
- Expert level knowledge and experience directing others in effectively managing the utilization of external services (e.g., product or platform vendors, service providers, contractors, consultants, outsourced functions)
- Passionate about brand, strategy, and customer focus
- Strategic marketing planning capability
- Communication and influencing skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Budget management
Physical & Mental:
- Authorized to work remotely with attendance at (ISC)2 offices as needed.
- Work extended hours, when necessary
- Work in an office environment using dual monitor computer screens
- Sitting for extended periods
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.