The Global KYC Quality Adherence Execution Officer is responsible for overseeing compliance with the Post Execution Quality Review Standard and coordinating KYC Assurance Review-related activities with Regional KYC Teams and Global Businesses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing Post Execution Quality Reviews for Foreign Correspondent Banks, Money Service Businesses, Embassies, and Citi Affiliates
- Performing Quality Control Reviews for KYC Temporary Waivers
- Monitoring Business execution against KYC Policies and Standards.
- Performing independent assurance activities (ad-hoc and on-going targeted monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
- Perform quality reviews and identify potential AML/Compliance Risks or breaches to KYC Policy or Local Requirements.
- Work with businesses to develop sound remediation action plans and track findings identified to resolution
- Advising on KYC Assurance matters, KYC Policies, and KYC Review Processes
- Serving as a point of escalation and partner with other ACRM teams for KYC Assurance-related issues
- Ensure that identified issues are addressed consistently and communicated across regions to ensure that actions and learning's are shared.
- Assisting with the preparation of KYC Assurance Subcommittee materials, coordinating meetings, documenting minutes, tracking attendance, and maintaining all relevant materials
- Assessing PEQR results in order to identify ongoing trends and propose corrective actions, as necessary
- Working with Regional KYC and Businesses to update Post Execution Quality Review-related Procedures and Training
- Conducting periodic walkthroughs for KYC processes, as needed, and identifying process improvements
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) certification
- Ability to work with regional and global partners, and influence and lead people across culture and senior level
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Must be able to multi-task, follow up on tasks and complete projects on time
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Significant knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, risks and appropriate controls Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders Ability to influence and lead people across cultures; using sound judgment as when to escalate issues to senior management Advanced analytical skills Proficient in Excel and Word – ability to learn multiple system applications quickly Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, The USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred