The VP, Global Data & Analytics is responsible for creating strategic advantages, for all our brand brands, by providing insights to understand consumer behavior and building predictive analytics and data science best practices to drive growth and value across a robust mix of programs and touchpoints.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and drive strategic initiatives, as informed by analytics, gaining stakeholder buy-in and influencing for success
- Lead and mentor a team of data scientists and analysts to deliver value across key areas
- Leverage multi-brand, multi-channel customer data science and analytics efforts to provide A&F, Co. with a powerful strategic advantage
- Nurture a culture of nimble testing & learning with continuous improvement and innovation in everything we do
- Partner with brand leaders to prioritize and deliver marketing goals and initiatives
- Drive cross-brand best practice and key learnings to accelerate innovation
- Proactively develop quarterly plan of analytic deliverables tied to brand and company objectives
- Oversee delivery of standard and custom audiences, most based on predictive analytics, for all marketing campaigns across digital, print, store and care center campaigns and touchpoints while seeking ways to scale audience delivery as our marketing tactics portfolio continues to expand.
- Oversee delivery of test designs and results analyses, with actionable interpretations, across all marketing touchpoints
- Conceptualize and deliver analytics to fuel more personalized marketing treatments, including those coordinated across customer journeys, to improve various KPIs, whether customer growth, engagement, sales or ROI
- Deliver monthly and quarterly KPIs that are used to drive the business forward and include customer growth and value, by brand, life stage and cohort
- Deliver monthly and quarterly insights regarding our marketing investment mix to continually optimize for improved performance, rebalancing by program as appropriate and eek ways to more directly activate marketing campaigns based on incrementality attribution at the customer level
- Respond to needs in reaction to current business trends, guiding deep dive investigations to understand shifts in behavior or other changes while using data and analytics to answer business questions and propose solutions to brand partners.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists, keeping associates engaged and productive by encouraging ownership, removing barriers and motivating for excellence
- Serve as analytic consultant for functions outside of Marketing, including Retail Stores, Finance, Merchants, Supply Chain, etc.
- Influence the technology roadmap as it pertains to meeting the evolving needs of Marketing and Analytics and partner with Technology colleagues to get the job done
- Remain current with industry best practices, cultivating a network of contacts and resources to call upon as needed
What will you need to bring?
- Expertise in Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling best practices
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional partners in a collaborative environment
- Project management expertise and experience managing vendors and contractors
- Experience in customer data insights, BI reporting, consumer research
- Expertise in ecommerce marketing: SEM, SEO, Remarketing, Social, event-triggered push campaigns, site personalization
- Experience with multi-touch attribution (MTA) and Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM) solution implementation, usage, socialization and activation
- Experience with marketing technology solutions is a strong plus; ability to guide analytic technology roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior stakeholders throughout the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Experience in multi-channel retail industry is a strong plus
Our Best Candidates Will Have…
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Analytics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of business-based analytics, preferably in business-to-consumer context
- 7+ years of people management experience, including building and leading teams of high performing technical and analytical associates
- Prior experience working with code or an background in computer science, engineering
- Experience communicating with fast-paced, highly cross-functional teams with multiple stakehold